Gaming like it's 1983...

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Shaun.Bebbington
Vic 20 Dabbler

Gaming like it's 1983...

Post by Shaun.Bebbington »

A friend of mine, who is quite a bit younger than the VIC-20, has my VC-20 for a few weeks to write all about it. He grew up with the GameCube, and his findings will be published in Micro Mart here in the UK.

Twitter announcement or something.

I've suggested joining here, so be nice to him if he joins (he might refer to the computer as a 'console', these young 'uns, eh?)

He will probably be twittering about it over the coming weeks, for those of you who use that form of messaging or whatever it is.

Regards,

Shaun.
Without context, we are only data.
Shaun.Bebbington
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by Shaun.Bebbington »

Does anyone know if the Comet64 modem will work on the VIC-20 for Twitter? As Peter would like to try this.

Regards,

Shaun.
Without context, we are only data.
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

Ghislain got the Comet64 to work on the VIC-20 in general with a suite of programs detailed in the thread 'Internet Connectivity with Comet64+VIC-20? (IT WORKS!!!)'.

Three years ago, there had been a demonstration of a VIC-20 posting on Twitter that even got broadcast coverage. See the thread 'VIC-20 Makes History on February 20, 2010'. From what I gathered though, the Twitter 'client' running on the VIC-20 was merely a specialized terminal program, while the heavy lifting was done by a PC in the backroom. The PC was connected to the VIC-20 with a VICmodem, and running the Twitter Web-API. ;)