Looking for 35K RAM expansion or simple slot expander

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

tokra
Vic 20 Scientist

Looking for 35K RAM expansion or simple slot expander

Post by tokra »

Since my Mega-Cart order is 10 months old now and also Final Expansion is not available at the moment (and I'm too clumsy to build one anyways) I'm looking for another solution to fully expand my VIC until (or if) the Mega-Cart finally arrives.

I have a 27/32K expansion, but only either BLK5 ($A000) or 3K in BLK0 ($0400) are available. I want BOTH, essentially a 35K expansion so I can run VIC-Doom on the original machine.

Now, I got some 3K-expansions off Ebay as well, but no slot expander to use it together with my 32K expansion.

Is there any easy solution to this? A 2 slot-expansion would do. I can trade against another 64K expansion (no manual) or a number of 3K-expansions.

Or is Eslapion still around? I remember he made some RAM-expansion too, but the page is down and I think they were only 32K as well.
Alan
Vic 20 Devotee

Re: Looking for 35K RAM expansion or simple slot expander

Post by Alan »

tokra wrote:Or is Eslapion still around? I remember he made some RAM-expansion too, but the page is down and I think they were only 32K as well.
I created and hosted that page for Eslapion. I haven't heard from him in a long, long time so I took it down. I dunno if he's still around or not.

I have an extra 32K expander that he made for me, though, and I think I have an extra Ultimate Expander cart somewhere too. Send me a PM if you're interested.
Alan
nbla000
Salmon Run

Re: Looking for 35K RAM expansion or simple slot expander

Post by nbla000 »

tokra wrote:Since my Mega-Cart order is 10 months old now ... I'm looking for another solution to fully expand my VIC until (or if) the Mega-Cart finally arrives.
Be confident, it will arrive soon :wink:

You have 12 orders ahead of you so Brian will contact you in about 3/4 weeks or less...

and sorry for delay of course :oops: but with must coexist with "real life" :wink:
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.