WIP: VicroLeague Wrestling III (with multicolor graphics!)

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

Ghislain
Realms of Quest

WIP: VicroLeague Wrestling III (with multicolor graphics!)

Post by Ghislain »

Now that *all* development for Realms V has been completed more or less (barring any very minor changes or bug fixes that will be implemented before the official release date of July 1 2019), I started to do some work on this side project today. While I did swear to never make another major game for the VIC-20 ever again, I would still leave myself open to making relatively easier projects from time to time.

As some of you know, I've done a VIC-20 version of Microleague Wrestling I & II for the VIC-20 a few years ago:

http://sleepingelephant.com/ipw-web/bul ... php?t=6303
http://sleepingelephant.com/ipw-web/bul ... php?t=6310

These were very simple 64*64 pixel hi-res black and white graphic images that would run on the unexpanded VIC-20 with a disk drive. What I am planning this time are to do 56*112 multicolor pixel images that would run on a 16K expanded VIC-20 with a disk drive.

The first match that I decided to work on is VIC FLAIR vs FLEX LUGER. Here is a 3 image sequence depicting ring introductions:
1.png
1.png (149.74 KiB) Viewed 2634 times
2.png
2.png (137.97 KiB) Viewed 2634 times
3.png
3.png (139.28 KiB) Viewed 2634 times
And here is a 2 image sequence of VIC FLAIR bouncing off of the ropes and doing a "Whoo!" against FLEX LUGER to psych him out:
4.png
4.png (110.65 KiB) Viewed 2634 times
5.png
5.png (150.26 KiB) Viewed 2634 times
I think I've gotten fairly good at making digitized images for the VIC-20 using Mike's PGM and Minigrafik tools. The game will run on a single disk and I will try to put in as many wrestling matches that I can. Some ideas for other match-ups include:

MADNESS MAN vs ULTRA MANIAC
HULK LOGAN vs ANDRE THE GOLIATH
STONE COLE vs THE ROCKER
GRAVE DIGGER vs BRICK FOLEY

Yeah, I'm being pretty obvious in my 'homages' to actual professional wrestlers. But unlike the C64 counterpart, MicroLeague Wrestling, there will be an element of strategy needed to be able to win.
"A slave is one who waits for someone to come and free him." -- Ezra Pound
cbmeeks
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Re: WIP: VicroLeague Wrestling III (with multicolor graphics!)

Post by cbmeeks »

This looks awesome.

Maybe you could hold some contest or something here where the winner gets his face digitized and put in the game as a wrestler. Of course, he would have to have a great name like "VIC-Thundar" or "Macho Man VIC".

:-)
Cat; the other white meat.
Ghislain
Realms of Quest

Re: WIP: VicroLeague Wrestling III (with multicolor graphics!)

Post by Ghislain »

cbmeeks wrote:This looks awesome.

Maybe you could hold some contest or something here where the winner gets his face digitized and put in the game as a wrestler. Of course, he would have to have a great name like "VIC-Thundar" or "Macho Man VIC".

:-)
Thank you! I'm working on the game on a casual basis.
"A slave is one who waits for someone to come and free him." -- Ezra Pound