[Finished] VICroLeague Wrestling 2

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

Ghislain
Realms of Quest

[Finished] VICroLeague Wrestling 2

Post by Ghislain »

I'm going to make a follow-up to the first game with the intent of doubling the number of wrestling moves available to the player (from 3 to 6, same for the computer opponent).

The first match that I will work on is MADNESS MAN vs ULTRAMANIAC (real life counterparts are Macho Man and Ultimate Warrior). I've created 28 64x64 pixel frames of animation based on screen captures from YouTube.

Last edited by Ghislain on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A slave is one who waits for someone to come and free him." -- Ezra Pound
Ghislain
Realms of Quest

Post by Ghislain »

I think I'll just put this out there with the one match. It's quite difficult to convert video stills to black-and-white 64x64 pixel images.
Ghislain
Realms of Quest

Post by Ghislain »

Name: VICroLeague Wrestling 2
Author: Ghislain
Released: March 2, 2013
Requirements: Unexpanded VIC-20 + Disk Drive.
Description: A simple pro wrestling game that uses 64x64 pixel images to animate the action.

This is a follow-up to the original, but features twice as many wrestling move animations. I was originally going to program multiple matches in this edition, but I decided to stop after finishing MADNESS MAN vs ULTRAMANIAC.

Download.

Discuss.
Last edited by Ghislain on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
darkatx
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by darkatx »

Well done!!! Fun game - some of the images are a bit hard to register but all in all a faithful adaptation of MicroLeague Wrestling :)

Also well done with the transfer of images/screencaps - it's definitely worth it.
Learning all the time... :)
KingTrode
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by KingTrode »

Nice work you've done there.

Like Darkatx said, some of the images are little bit tricky to make out whilst others like the Back Suplex for example I could tell straight away what move had been pulled off.

Bit of a nostalgia trip for me, reminded of all those years ago when I used to watch the WWF/NWA Wrestling on TV.

Can't bring myself to watch it nowadays it's just far to corny for my liking.

Don't know about yourself but I'm a big UFC fan (and MMA in general), if your into that sort of thing have you thought about maybe adapting this to a "VFC" - that would be nice to see. :wink:

KingTrode /Jim
Ghislain
Realms of Quest

Post by Ghislain »

Thanks for the nice words. I admit that not all of the images are quite clear, and I suppose if I spent a lot more time I could clean them up. I've been thinking for a while about taking screen captures of wrestling matches and inserting them into that wrestling game I had made 20+ years ago.

As for other fighting games, I've created boxing games as well, most notably Ringside Boxing (for the VIC-20 and C64) and Vicside Boxing. My other wrestling game "Face VS Heel" has move transitions from headlock to lifting, etc. I suppose with some adjustments, I could turn it into an MMA game.