Putting a VIC program into a QR code

You need an actual VIC.

Moderator: Moderators

nippur72
de Lagash

Re: Putting a VIC program into a QR code

Post by nippur72 »

chysn wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:51 am Another option is to update the emulator so that it accepts a URL and a code, and pass that info via the QR code. The emulator then makes a POST request for a big program. The server would need to send the program and a response in the right format, looking up its own program based on the code, and would still need to send the cross-origin header. Basically, each developer would implement an interface that you specify.
good idea. The "?load=" parameter currently GETs files from the local domain (via async fetch()), but it can be changed to GETs files from any third party server, assuming this third party allows CORS and sends the right header.
nippur72
de Lagash

Post by nippur72 »

another issue is that you can't call fetch() from an HTTPS domain (emulator) into a HTTP (without the "S") one like sleepingelephant.com
nippur72
de Lagash

Post by nippur72 »

Jeff-20 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:30 pm I would love to implement a browser emulator to share my programs as well.
Jeff, my emulator is now able to load external .prg, see here
Noizer
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Noizer »

nippur72 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:52 am another issue is that you can't call fetch() from an HTTPS domain (emulator) into a HTTP (without the "S") one like sleepingelephant.com
Probably is this comment as almost of mine out of topics. Sorry if tiresome, but I don’t know how to split a topic to a different one. 😅
Why is it like that at all? No https for Denial?! Does safety no matter here?
Valid rule today as earlier: 1 Byte = 8 Bits
-._/classes instead of masses\_.-
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

Noizer wrote:Sorry if tiresome, but I don’t know how to split a topic to a different one.
Open a new thread in the appropriate section, and copy the browser URL to link to this thread here.

Alternatively, ask Jeff-20 or joshuadenmark in PM how you can compensate them for the setup of the security certificates and the necessary annual fees - note this isn't the first time https has been discussed in Denial. This is Jeff's forum, and how it is operated is at his own discretion only.