Exactly how NOT to make a multicart for the C64

Other Computers and Game Systems

Moderator: Moderators

Vic20-Ian
Vic 20 Scientist

Re: Exactly how NOT to make a multicart for the C64

Post by Vic20-Ian »

MCes wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:26 pm
eslapion wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:20 pm Having an engineering degree(...)
Not documented information
Enough Trolling.

If you spent half the time doing something useful it could be something great.
Vic20-Ian

The best things in life are Vic-20

Upgrade all new gadgets and mobiles to 3583 Bytes Free today! Ready
MCes
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by MCes »

I know enough electronics to identify the bullshit, I'm sorry for the others.

Not answering is also an answer,
There is no point in continuing with who bluff, so I stop my contribution to making noise.

See you at the next project, or at the next quarrel, the choice is not mine .....
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." (Albert Einstein)
Vic20-Ian
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Vic20-Ian »

MCes wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:08 am I know enough electronics to identify the bullshit, I'm sorry for the others.

There is no point in continuing with who bluff, so I stop my contribution to making noise.

See you at the next project, or at the next quarrel, the choice is not mine .....
You demonstrated that you do not "know enough" in this thread several times.

You also demonstrated that you had not bothered to research to to check your understanding of the issue of mixed metals in connectors.

I interpret you comment "I'm sorry for the others." as your apology to all excluding Eslapion.

Thank you, but I think you also owe Eslapion an apology for challenging the facts of the matter incorrectly.
Vic20-Ian

MCes
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by MCes »

Vic20-Ian wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:31 am You demonstrated that you do not "know enough" in this thread several times.
I don't think so,
but I'm always ready (and happy) to have a serious and honest exchange of information, points of view, tips from every people, nobody excluded.
Dogmas will be rejected: this is the base of a serious technical talking.
Vic20-Ian wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:31 am You also demonstrated that you had not bothered to research to to check your understanding of the issue of mixed metals in connectors.
A lot of VIC20 of mine appear to haven't gold on contacts, so you are saying that Eslapion is on wrong side, because he want on the finger the gold that is a different metal....

I read your post and I also replied specifically:
MCes wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:04 pm @Vic20-Ian

from your link:
"The problem usually occurs over time and can be abated by removing the memory module and cleaning the contacts."

Each time that a card is removed/inserted the contacts are cleaned by the mechanical abrasion with the fiberglass exposed by the V-Cut.

Nobody says that HASL is better than GOLD, but to say that HASL damages the VIC20/C64 connector is bullshit!
Side note: in the laboratories for cleaning the contacts, a fiberglass pencil is also used ....
https://www.ebay.it/itm/Fiberglass-Pen- ... 0384502242

I'm not having a discussion about "GOLD or HASL" (it could be discutible), but.... (for the Commodore connectors):
"HASL is dangerous for the connectors": It's never demonstrated...
The only damages that we seen in the other thread was produced, during insertions, by abrasion of fiberglass exposed on the v-cut , so the finishing of the board is irrelevant: (HASL -> damage) = superstition.
It is not possible to believe in anathemas.
Vic20-Ian wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:31 am I interpret you comment "I'm sorry for the others." as your apology to all excluding Eslapion.
Sorry if I wasn't clear,
"I know enough electronics to identify the bullshit, I'm sorry for the others.":
I have the tools not to believe in technical bullshit, not everyone is in this condition of mine, I feel sorry for them.
Vic20-Ian wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:31 am Thank you, but I think you also owe Eslapion an apology for challenging the facts of the matter incorrectly.
My posts may have a better shape, but their content is serious and true (at least until proven otherwise), even where it is harsh.

Thank you for this exchange of views: civil and with an open mind, with each one ready to listen to the other's reasons without preconceptions.
When Eslapion is able to do something like that, I am ready to uncork a bottle of sparkling wine with him,
but I still don't have the chance to do it.
Last edited by MCes on Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." (Albert Einstein)
Gyro Gearloose
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

I can vouch for Eslapion's degree. Not only did I see it, but the university itself is down my street.

For what it's worth.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

MCes wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:08 am I know enough electronics to identify the bullshit, I'm sorry for the others.

I read your posts and it seems anyone who disagrees with you is saying bullshit.

There is no greater source of noise on this forum and many others than you.
Dogmas will be rejected: this is the base of a serious technical talking.
Any information which differs from your point of view is 'dogma(s)' and is to be rejected...

Vic-20-Ian is right both about his technical point of view and his assessment of your personality.

You can do what you do here because the moderators don't do their job. As you saw, it doesn't work like that on Amibay.
Be normal.
Gyro Gearloose
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

Is there a way to simultaneously use an Eslapion product and a MCes product in a VIC-20?

I want to make this the goal of my life.
MCes
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by MCes »

eslapion wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:40 pm I read your posts and it seems anyone who disagrees with you is saying bullshit.
Your ability to distort reality is exceptional: only my previous post would be enough to prove the falsity of your statements.
eslapion wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:40 pm There is no greater source of noise on this forum and many others than you.
Another name comes to mind that in this specialty can be considered an artist ....
eslapion wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:40 pm Any information which differs from your point of view is 'dogma(s)' and is to be rejected...
Your ability to distort reality is exceptional: only my previous post would be enough to prove the falsity of your statements.
eslapion wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:40 pm Vic-20-Ian is right both about his technical point of view and his assessment of your personality.
You can do what you do here because the moderators don't do their job. As you saw, it doesn't work like that on Amibay.
Everyone has the right to have their opinion on me, but in civil society if you want to share this idea you must be ready to bring concrete elements, otherwise it is not freedom of thought but slander. My every statement is based on concrete facts and not on distortions of reality like Eslapion use to do for hit a person.
An example of distortion?
Whenever we quarreled on Amibay the moderators deleted the posts from both,
but Eslapion is the ... 2nd? 3rd? times he tells the half-truth he needs to deceive the reader, such as:
"You can do what you do here because the moderators don't do their job. As you saw, it doesn't work like that on Amibay."
These are the words of a person who has already been kicked out of a forum.....
MCes
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by MCes »

Gyro Gearloose wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:17 pm Is there a way to simultaneously use an Eslapion product and a MCes product in a VIC-20?

:lol: :D :P
Yes, it's true, we are becoming something different from how it should be ...

Good joke!
groepaz
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by groepaz »

Peak of discussion - i knew it.
I take that back, it's still going up
I'm just a Software Guy who has no Idea how the Hardware works. Don't listen to me.
Vic20-Ian
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Vic20-Ian »

groepaz wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:05 am
Peak of discussion - i knew it.
I take that back, it's still going up
no fanning required
Vic20-Ian

eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

MCes wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:37 pm
eslapion wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:40 pm I read your posts and it seems anyone who disagrees with you is saying bullshit.
eslapion wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:40 pm There is no greater source of noise on this forum and many others than you.
Another name comes to mind that in this specialty can be considered an artist ....
eslapion wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:40 pm Any information which differs from your point of view is 'dogma(s)' and is to be rejected...
eslapion wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:40 pm Vic-20-Ian is right both about his technical point of view and his assessment of your personality.
Everyone has the right to have their opinion on me, but in civil society if you want to share this idea you must be ready to bring concrete elements, otherwise it is not freedom of thought but slander. My every statement is based on concrete facts and not on distortions of reality like Eslapion use to do for hit a person.
An example of distortion?
Whenever we quarreled on Amibay the moderators deleted the posts from both,
but Eslapion is the ... 2nd? 3rd? times he tells the half-truth he needs to deceive the reader, such as:
"You can do what you do here because the moderators don't do their job. As you saw, it doesn't work like that on Amibay."
These are the words of a person who has already been kicked out of a forum.....
I was kicked out of Lemon64 because there too, big mouths prevail. You'll notice Skoe posted a very long text defending my position and he is far more qualified than you, me and anyone else on Lemon64. He is the one who indicated on German forums a properly designed PLA replacement for the C64 must signal at 3.7V or MORE. He is the one who posted a very detailed PDF indicating the M27C512-90B6 was a good PLA replacement.

Skoe is the engineer who posted The PLA Dissected upon which PLAnkton is based.

You use exactly the same arguments as people who claim vaccines are dangerous and cause autism. Zero scientific information, full shouting and slandering.

As for what you indicated concerning fiberglass and edge connectors, this is the real shape of contacts inside the VIC-20s cart port connector.
Contact in 0.156" connectors from Vector
Contact in 0.156" connectors from Vector
This means the image from Norm8332 you constantly refer to as proof of wear caused by fiberglass is bullshit. It may be different for PCIe and other more recent types of connector but it doesn't apply here.

This one:
longevity_d4vv.jpg
Be normal.
MCeslapion
Vic 20 Newbie
Website: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY1Fymr ... u.be&t=126

Post by MCeslapion »

Oh hay guyz, what's going on here? I just arrived on this planet.
Accidentally created in a Martian military experiment.
MCes
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by MCes »

MCeslapion wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:55 am Oh hay guyz, what's going on here? I just arrived on this planet.
I don't know who you are, but you're a genius!
A Frankenstein genius!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC4VflOayBw
MCes
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by MCes »

Gyro Gearloose wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:17 pm Is there a way to simultaneously use an Eslapion product and a MCes product in a VIC-20?

Someone has already tried it, here is the video of the experiment .... https://youtu.be/M2o2FRwn_hg?t=232