The Thing version 1

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

20questions
Vic 20 Hobbyist

The Thing version 1

Post by 20questions »

ok, so this is a work in progress, i'm still learning about the vic 20 and how to do graphics and stuff, so some pointers would be nice.

this is version 1 of The thing for Vic 20. it's short, but that's deliberate as i'm trying to create a simple horror game within the confines of the stock vic.

and i am aware that there are print statements everywhere, not many text adventures for the vic had graphics and whatnot. the point is to let your mind do the visualizing.

anyway, here is the file, onedrive isn't working for me so i had to put it in a zipped file

version 2 is now up, save for the very end, there are no input prompts. many thanks for the help guys
Attachments
the thing vic 20 version 2.zip
(1.08 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
Last edited by 20questions on Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bedroom coder=rock star
modern coder= pop star
i'd rather be a rock star than a pop start 8)
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Re: The Thing version 1

Post by ral-clan »

I wasn't sure what to do. The "thing" seemed to change among people two or three times each turn, making it hard to follow.
The text formatting could be improved so that there are no words split between lines, and I'm not sure why the text was pausing at random places.
Some simple instructions at the start of the game would be a big help.
Image Music I've made with 1980s electronics, synths and other retro-instruments: http://theovoids.bandcamp.com
20questions
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Re: The Thing version 1

Post by 20questions »

ral-clan wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:16 am I wasn't sure what to do. The "thing" seemed to change among people two or three times each turn, making it hard to follow.
The text formatting could be improved so that there are no words split between lines, and I'm not sure why the text was pausing at random places.
Some simple instructions at the start of the game would be a big help.
version 2 is up, it should be easier, hopefully

instructions are very simple: type one letter to go to your destination (k for kennel, b for burn etc). that's it
Bedroom coder=rock star
modern coder= pop star
i'd rather be a rock star than a pop start 8)