C16 SMD 64k S-RAM internal expansion (no motherboard modify!)

Other Computers and Game Systems

Moderator: Moderators

MCes
Vic 20 Afficionado

C16 SMD 64k S-RAM internal expansion (no motherboard modify!)

Post by MCes »

"SMD64KxC16": the SMD version of my homonymous Static-RAM expansion "64k xC16",
an original project that is well working since before June 2019:http://sleepingelephant.com/ipw-web/bul ... f=5&t=9395

It's funcion is to expand the C16 memory from 16K to 64K, as the PLUS4.
It has to be insert between the TED chip and the TED socket.

-Features:
1) internal installation (the cartridge slot remains free) without modifications on the motherboard.

2)16K/64K system can be selected via onboard switch or via optional remote switch.

3) the energy used in S-RAM is equivalent to the energy saved by turning off the original Dynamic-RAM.

4) 4 chips can be unsoldered (and replaced with empty sockets): 2xD-RAM (U5,6), 2x MULTIPLEXER (U3,4) to save energy and consequently reduce the internal temperature, also in this case it will be possible to select a 16K/64K system.

5) double pin construction: the C16 TED socket is very delicate socket, its contacts can be easily deformed,
therefore the expansion is provided with a coupling socket that has thin pins to adapt to a perfect C16-TED socket.
In case of already compressed contacts the "SMD64KxC16" can be directly plugged with its 0.4mm pins ...

"SMD64KxC16" is full tested also with diag 264 (CPU and TED access) and with 85MC01.

I used a great discount opportunity for large batches from the factory that pre-assembled it for me,
so I can offer "SMD64KxC16" for 15€ for 1pc and 25€ for 2 pieces (max 2 pieces / shipping) + shipment + paypal fees.

Other projects for C16 PLUS4 and combined shipping available.

On sale elsewhere too
img-a.JPG
img-b.JPG
img-c.JPG
Last edited by MCes on Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." (Albert Einstein)
eslapion
ultimate expander

Re: C16 SMD 64k S-RAM internal expansion (no motherboard modify!)

Post by eslapion »

:lol: This vaguely resembles a product I have seen elsewhere. Are you sure you're not reproducing a product created by somebody else ?
Be normal.
orion70
VICtalian

Re: C16 SMD 64k S-RAM internal expansion (no motherboard modify!)

Post by orion70 »

Eslapion, we both know it's not a copy of your previous product, don't we? I'm sure Mces will be able to explain the differences. Also, you were the first to ask not to post in the concurrent products posts, correct?