Ayd Instones VIC-20 class for students in England

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Dynamic_Computing
Vic 20 Drifter

Ayd Instones VIC-20 class for students in England

Post by Dynamic_Computing »

I had the pleasure if interviewing Ayd Instone this last week. He is a Physics teacher at Fyling Hall School in England and he has a weekly VIC-20 club meeting for his young teen aged students. The class uses a few real VIC-20's and several pi machines emulating the VIC-20 in real cases! He was a fascinating person to interview, and had some very interesting things to say about computers from the eighties and how they relate to today.

Please take a few minutes (well... 37 minutes) to check out my interview with Ayd and enjoy the virtual tour of his awesome VIC-20 classroom!

eslapion
ultimate expander

Re: Ayd Instones VIC-20 class for students in England

Post by eslapion »

The new full size 'The C64' from retrogames includes VIC-20 emulation and HDMI video output. I suppose it could be useful to somebody like him.
Be normal.
RobertBe
Vic 20 Elite

Post by RobertBe »

That is excellent news! A bit out of my way when I visit the Lincs Amiga Group next year... but I will consider it. :)

Just to see the VICs in school,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group - http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
TheAnachronaut
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by TheAnachronaut »

In 1982, The Friendly Computer, made me a pilot instead of a passenger, and when I switched to the 64, I didn’t realize what I’d lost in the “upgrade!” I missed being a “maker” instead of just a consumer of what others made, I missed working with a machine and an operating system that was simple and small enough to wrap my mind around, and I missed my friend Vic, especially since he had been my constant companion through good and bad times, me an only child without my father.
Now I’ve got him back, but don’t Pilot him like I used to. Do I need to invest more time in our relationship, like Ayd?
I certainly want to.