SD2IEC-Ready Games Collection (1986 onwards)

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

siccoyote
Vic 20 Dabbler

SD2IEC-Ready Games Collection (1986 onwards)

Post by siccoyote »

I've been working on this for a couple of months on and off and thought it was now in a position to show off.

I Have tried to collate together every game for the VIC-20 released from 1986 till the Present into one folder which can be dropped straight onto an SD Card to use with the SD2IEC. All files being lowercase and fitting within the 16 character limit of the File browser. With an excel file to accompany it with all the details for the games. (about 390 games in the collection at the moment)

All the games I included were taken from publicly available sources so I hope nobody minds their inclusion in this. Obviously I haven't included any games currently available only for sale. Though they are included on the list.
If anyone wants me to remove any games let me know.

There are probably a whole load of errors on the list and I have used a mix of Usernames on here and actual names because of the different sources I got my information from, if anyone wants to help me correct it that would be appreciated.

Also have to thank everyone for making all these great games.

Here's the file:
Vic20 SD2IEC 1986 onwards v0.1.7z
(2.18 MiB) Downloaded 505 times
https://www.commodoregamebase.com was a good source
tokra
Vic 20 Scientist

Re: SD2IEC-Ready Games Collection (1986 onwards)

Post by tokra »

Oooh! Very nice! I see missing are some never-completed, yet playable games by Victragice like "Blazer" and "Galaxy Renegade", which are so great they need to be on the list.
joshuadenmark
Big Mover

Post by joshuadenmark »

Thanks, great collection :D
Kind regards, Peter.
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by majikeyric »

Thanks! great work! 8)
siccoyote
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by siccoyote »

tokra wrote:Oooh! Very nice! I see missing are some never-completed, yet playable games by Victragice like "Blazer" and "Galaxy Renegade", which are so great they need to be on the list.
Added them, when I do an update they'll be included

Glad people like it.

Would preople prefer being listed by their full real name or by the forum nick?

Reason I went for 1986 onwards is partly Ghislains fault providing some of the earliest additions to the list with the collection disks. But in the end it's because in 85 there were over 150 games and in 84 there were more than the next 34 years combined. So figured drawing the line after the Vic-20 was discontinued made sense.

I started doing pre-86, demos & utils but mainly focused on the games to start with.

Was thinking of splitting some of the games off that are more like a technical experiment than a full game. Maybe I'll just add a new column in the excel file, but then I'd be judging them. :) (Added Bounce 89 and Aerials with this in mind)
DarwinNE
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by DarwinNE »

Glad to see my games in the list!

You can keep DarwinNE or Davide Bucci, as you wish.
tokra
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by tokra »

Maybe you can add the source as well for the type-ins, so one can look up the corresponding magazine.
cbmeeks
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by cbmeeks »

Thanks for doing this!

I haven't looked yet, but is there a way to separate PAL/NTSC games?
Cat; the other white meat.
siccoyote
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by siccoyote »

cbmeeks wrote:Thanks for doing this!

I haven't looked yet, but is there a way to separate PAL/NTSC games?
Sorry I didn't even think about that.

I'm in a PAL region so don't have a problem with pretty much any game. There are a couple that come with pal and NTSC versions both contained in the game's folder but it seems very uncommon for anyone to mention it.
beamrider
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by beamrider »

Thanks for this. Nice to have these split out in this way (86+). [Only thing I would have liked would have been to split out commercial games.]

Will have some fun exploring these on real hardware.
siccoyote
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by siccoyote »

tokra wrote:Maybe you can add the source as well for the type-ins, so one can look up the corresponding magazine.
Reason I didn't include this is that it doesn't help those who just want to use the pack and list to play the games which I guess is most. Plus it seems like some games were printed in multiple magazines.
beamrider wrote:Thanks for this. Nice to have these split out in this way (86+). [Only thing I would have liked would have been to split out commercial games.]
Well for the games in this collection I don't know quite how you could distinguish commercial and non-commercial.
Some were sold in bundles but also given out free online and many I don't know where they came from.
Mozartkügel
Vic 20 Amateur
Website: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-WR1I ... GRkZne4B_Q

Post by Mozartkügel »

Hey thanks for sharing, that's just too nice of you! \o/ I recently got an SD2IEC for development testing on the Vic-20 and the Plus4, but this is going on it too for sure! :D
siccoyote
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by siccoyote »

Working on the next release, so if anyone could help checking the list, correcting information if you know it's wrong, and let me know of any games which are missing, that would be grand, just drop me a pm.

Especially if mike could help with the years for the games in the mikes games collection.

Currently working my way through trying to play every 1986-1987 game (boy the standards are better before and after this period) and update all the details, finding a few which say (c) 1985 but were listed as 86 on commodoregamebase and 86 ones listed in 87. Also correctly foldering the +3k and +8k games.

The vic is so much more complicated to organise than the C64.

Currently up to 420 games
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

siccoyote wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:00 amEspecially if mike could help with the years for the games in the mikes games collection.
The *.d64 image of the Games Collection includes a READ ME which gives the source and, in most cases, also the release year of the games.