New release: ROQV Beta Tracks

Post by R'zo »

Title: Realms of Quests V Beta Tracks
Requirements: Vic 20 with 32k expansion
Code: basic and ml
Type music player
Author: R.Z.O A.K.A Ryan Liston
Download: roqvbt.d64
Description: a d64 image containing a music player with early versions of the music from the up and coming Realms of Quests V.

Like every part of a game the music can sometimes undergo many changes. It is very important that the music provides the perfect atmosphere to support the game play.

These pieces of music while good were not fitting in with the feeling of the game play. Mainly, the use of the noise channel didn't feel like it fit with a fantasy setting. As I result I've edited the music from these original versions. Removing the noise channel as well as making other changes to tempo an composition.

Enjoy :D
Last edited by R'zo on Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R'zo
I do not believe in obsolete...
tokra
Vic 20 Scientist

Re: New release: ROQV Beta Tracks

Post by tokra »

The download is just a 286-byte .prg-file. Looks like you uploaded/linked the wrong file?
R'zo
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by R'zo »

tokra wrote:The download is just a 286-byte .prg-file. Looks like you uploaded/linked the wrong file?
Thank you for catching this. I had uploaded the wrong file. The link has been fixed.
R'zo
Ghislain
Realms of Quest

Post by Ghislain »

Thank you so much for contributing music for my game. I definitely look forward to sending you a boxed copy of it when it finally comes out (which is hopefully soon).
"A slave is one who waits for someone to come and free him." -- Ezra Pound
R'zo
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by R'zo »

Ghislain wrote:Thank you so much for contributing music for my game. I definitely look forward to sending you a boxed copy of it when it finally comes out (which is hopefully soon).
The pleasure has been mine. Thank you for the opportunity. I love writing music and I've always wanted to write music for a game ( other than my own).

The game looks amazing. I can't wait to load it up on my vic. I foresee this consuming many hours of my life.
R'zo
Ghislain
Realms of Quest

Post by Ghislain »

Thank you so much. I just finished making the game a few minutes ago, actually. Over 2 years of work is coming to an end.
"A slave is one who waits for someone to come and free him." -- Ezra Pound