Arcade Game Designer

You need an actual VIC.

Moderator: Moderators

highrise
Vic 20 Newbie

Re: Arcade Game Designer

Post by highrise »

Hello again guys

Sadly, I've not been able to find anyone to work with regarding the Vic, but we did find some people who are going to work on the MSX and maybe the Atari 7800... well, I'll check back now and again in case anyone has time in the future and decides to get in touch. Thanks for your time and good luck.
Jonathan
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by Jonathan »

Hi folks,

Just thought I'd come and say hello and to support Highrise.

The source code for the Z80 engines and compilers is included in the latest MPAGD release, version 0.7.3: https://jonathan-cauldwell.itch.io/mult ... e-designer

The Spectrum and CPC versions have different resolutions but the sprite and block sizes on the CPC were scaled accordingly. The editor uses different graphics for these versions and if the user is importing an existing ZX Spectrum game written with AGD I've written some code that converts the Spectrum's graphics to placeholder versions for the CPC, which the user can then edit. Obviously, I'd do the same for the Vic 20. Each machine is different. At the moment I'm liaising with the developer who's doing the Enterprise version, trying to get the palette working seamlessly. Where differences exist we get it all working as closely as possible so that anyone developing a new game today can create versions for a variety of different machines.
RJBowman
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by RJBowman »

It sound great; something that would have been a game changer back in the 80's.

The VIC and the Spectrum have a graphic limitation in common; the "color clash". Also, neither has hardware sprites. The VIC, if I recall correctly, has better sound capabilities and should be able to cope with sound designed for the Speccy.

Has there been any progress on this project since last summer?