Vic1001 game list

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

necronom
Vic 20 Dabbler

Re: Vic1001 game list

Post by necronom »

These games are really good for type-ins :-)

Does anyone know how to actually fight in 'Time Travel'? I just end up with it ignoring my input, then the game screen scrolls off the top, then I die.

Also, can I run Danger Zone on a real Vic? I tried enabling all blocks, then running the Super Expander which locked up, so I reset but nothing looked different, then I tried the game and that failed asking me to press play on tape.

I put a Zena video up, but I'd like to do a compilation of the other games if I can.

Has anyone done a mod on Zena to allow joystick control? It would be a great game if I could control it with ease and in comfort.
javierglez
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by javierglez »

Some issues of this magazine are on archive.org. They look pretty good. I have extracted the listing of Zena. I'd like to know what program they used to enter the hex data.
Attachments
PiO_1985_11 Zena-1.jpg
PiO_1985_11 Zena-2.jpg
PiO_1985_11 Zena-3.jpg
PiO_1985_11 Zena-4.jpg
Vic20-Ian
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Vic20-Ian »

necronom wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:31 pm Does anyone know how to actually fight in 'Time Travel'? I just end up with it ignoring my input, then the game screen scrolls off the top, then I die.
F to fight, E to escape, you need 5 or more rings to beat a Dragon.
Vic20-Ian

The best things in life are Vic-20

Upgrade all new gadgets and mobiles to 3583 Bytes Free today! Ready
necronom
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by necronom »

I'm doing F to fight, but then it asks for Fighting Power. I type a number, but nothing happens, after trying a few times I lose the fight (might be when I enter 1), then the screen messes up by scrolling, but not re-drawing properly.
I think it's broken.
I'm guessing all the Rs have turned into Ls, So Enelgy should be Energy, and Ling should be Ring.