Vic 20 user port at no more than 1200 baud?

Modding and Technical Issues

Moderator: Moderators

beamrider
Vic 20 Scientist

Re: Vic 20 user port at no more than 1200 baud?

Post by beamrider »

So I finally had a play around with this using my USR-TCP232.

First of all I could only get it to work with 7 data bits and 1 stop bit, not sure why.

Second issue using mighty term was that I could not send the '+' character which I need to invoke AT mode, it kept getting translated to lowercase letters when I checked on the receiving end using a telnet terminal. Switching to Vic-Term resolved this and I was able to connect to a couple of BBSes, however sometimes the display seemed garbled and/or doubled up characters and then my IP got banned on 13th.hoyvision.com for some reason and also the PAL fix didn't always seem to work when I did a reset. Would prefer mighty-term if I could get it to work properly.

None of this is because of the 2400 fix I suspect.
Orangeman96
Vic 20 Amateur

Re: Vic 20 user port at no more than 1200 baud?

Post by Orangeman96 »

Hello! I have been spending quite a bit of time (too much time if you ask my significant other) on trying to get both this awesome, speed-doubling RS232 fix =-and-= Mighty Term 1.24.00 (an awesome update in, and of, itself) to operate on a single 16KB memory expansion cartridge.
(https://sleepingelephant.com/denial/wik ... _Cartridge)

Any advice you might be able to provide on how to do this (preferably on WinVICE-3.8-x64, as I am using xvic to prototype my desired configuration) would be TREMENDOUSLY appreciated!

OGM