*ALL PHYSICAL COPIES ARE SOLD OUT*: REALMS OF QUEST V (Digital version is available)

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

tokra
Vic 20 Scientist

Re: *SECOND PRINTING NOW AVAILABLE*: REALMS OF QUEST V (Digital version is also available)

Post by tokra »

Me neither.
Ghislain
Realms of Quest

Re: *SECOND PRINTING NOW AVAILABLE*: REALMS OF QUEST V (Digital version is also available)

Post by Ghislain »

You can PM me your email addresses, and I'll send you the updated versions.
"A slave is one who waits for someone to come and free him." -- Ezra Pound
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

I did receive, just to confirm an email did go out!
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Ghislain
Realms of Quest

Post by Ghislain »

While version 1.1 is out, I do continue to dabble and refine my work. I've revised and made additions to the Death sequence. These Deities will appear to you when you die:

realms5.jpg

The top 3 images represent THE CREATOR. The bottom 3 represent the NEW DIVINITIES, that of Courage, Knowledge and Unity.

I'm not going to release version 1.2 until I feel that I can completely stop working on it, which I hope is sooner rather than later.
Ghislain
Realms of Quest

Re: *ALL PHYSICAL COPIES ARE SOLD OUT*: REALMS OF QUEST V (Digital version is available)

Post by Ghislain »

I just learned that all physical copies of the game have been completely sold out on the Double Sided Games website. Thank you all for your support.

But, I still continue to work on version 1.2 of the game.

realms5.jpg
realms6.jpg

Some features that I've added recently:

-Bug fixes
-more changes and corrections were made for the text
-more image revisions
-made screen changes less "glitchy"
-compressed more files so that I could add even more graphical content.
-reduced number of files that load for booting the game (this improves loading times)
-added a digitized map that can be seen in the game
-improved the credits/acknowledgements screen text formatting.
-fixed the road tiles on the map to make them more "round" and less jagged.
-removed TABLET graphic portrait. No more disk loading when you search for the tablet.
-made the in-game Search Tablet chart easier to read (to match what appears on page 34 of the manual)
-changed "Acknowledgements" to "About This Game" to show a slideshow sequence about the features. Acknowledgements are listed at the end of the sequence.
-refactored code so that the game engine uses less memory. I can add some features more easily in the future.
-streamlined select character text display to two outputs: "select player" and "select target"
-the Allies menu allows you to view information about your companions directly from this menu
JavaJack
Vic 20 Drifter

Re: *ALL PHYSICAL COPIES ARE SOLD OUT*: REALMS OF QUEST V (Digital version is available)

Post by JavaJack »

Feature suggestion: I would like to have the option to replace the class/status icons with some "two letter abbreviation" icons. I never did get to grips with the standard icons, and I even had difficulty correlating the artistic versions of the icons in the manual with the on-screen versions of the icons.
Ghislain
Realms of Quest

Post by Ghislain »

JavaJack wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:44 pm Feature suggestion: I would like to have the option to replace the class/status icons with some "two letter abbreviation" icons. I never did get to grips with the standard icons, and I even had difficulty correlating the artistic versions of the icons in the manual with the on-screen versions of the icons.
So if I can understand what you mean, you'd like the "runes" depicted in this example:

realms5.jpg

... where the four green symbols represent Alignment, Sex, Race and Class to be interchangeable with two-letter abbreviations. So if possible, I can replace the runes that represent this Chaotic Male Human Fighter with "ChMaHuFi". The two letter abbreviation will have an upper case character for the first letter and a lower case one for the second--so as to make it easier to understand their meaning.

I've thought it over, and I think that it can be done. I have a spare byte in the settings configuration that I can use for that. I've nothing against adding features that improve the quality of life experience for the player. So I will put this on my "to do" list.

The four green symbols has received a rather mixed reception from those who have played my game. Some people love it, while others would rather have them replaced in the manner that you requested. What is interesting about these symbols is that they are based on a dream that I had a few years ago where I was programming Realms V. It was that dream that really gave me inspiration and motivation to finally make the game.
Ghislain
Realms of Quest

Post by Ghislain »

Using my own custom character editing tool (Magichar), I just designed the two-letter abbreviation characters that will replace the rune symbols (by way of configuration, as per the player's wishes) in the game.

realms5.jpg

It shouldn't take me too long to implement this into the game now.
Ghislain
Realms of Quest

Post by Ghislain »

So here is how the game looks like when you replace the runes with 2-letter abbreviation charactrers.

Personally, I prefer using the runes, but the game does allow you to configure it according to preference.

realms5.jpg
JavaJack
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by JavaJack »

Very readable!!
JavaJack
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by JavaJack »

Another quality of life feature I would like to see: When you View a character, have a special keystroke that pages through all the characters in the party one by one. This would save the hassle of View, choose, esc, View, choose, esc, View, choose, esc.
Ghislain
Realms of Quest

Post by Ghislain »

JavaJack wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:49 pm Another quality of life feature I would like to see: When you View a character, have a special keystroke that pages through all the characters in the party one by one. This would save the hassle of View, choose, esc, View, choose, esc, View, choose, esc.
Thank you for the idea--I was able to easily implement this. For the next official update, when you're viewing a player character, you can switch to another player by simply pressing the number keys (1 through 0, where 0 means 10). You can do this in combat and non-combat mode.
Ghislain
Realms of Quest

Re: *SECOND PRINTING NOW AVAILABLE*: REALMS OF QUEST V (Digital version available July 1 2019)

Post by Ghislain »

ral-clan wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:53 pm Okay, so I have a dwarf fighter in my party.
I bought him a broadsword at the market. The manual says fighters can use broadswords. However, the game does not allow me to equip this to him, even when I remove all his other weapons and armour to make room.

There is no checkmark beside the broadsword when I try to equip it to this fighter character.
I finally was able to see this bug while I was playing my game this morning, almost by accident. It was the worst type of bug: it was intermittent and could only be reproduced under very specific circumstances.

It will be fixed in version 1.2. In the meantime, the next time this bug occurs for you, simply just restart the game. After that, you should be able to equip the broadsword on your fighter.
Ghislain
Realms of Quest

Post by Ghislain »

I continue to improve and refine the game. While I was very proud of the work I did with the male vurdulak portrait three years ago, I decided to retouch and improve it. First one image is the original, and the second is the new one.

realms5.jpg
realms6.jpg
Kweepa
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Kweepa »

Interesting... I prefer some features of the original, mainly the eyes. While they are less defined, they are more natural looking.