VIC Game Club No. 1 – Qix Inspired Games

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

Which is your favorite Qix inspired VIC title?

Shark Attack (1982)
29%
Slap Dap (1983)
21%
Squeeze (1983)
43%
Other (elaborate in a post)
7%

Total votes: 14

English Invader
Vic 20 Scientist

Re: VIC Game Club No. 1 – Qix Inspired Games

Post by English Invader »

Ola H wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:21 pm I'm sure the tune got on my parents's nerves, but my brain didn't (and doesn't) work that way. i found it hypnotic and kinda addictive in itself. Also, an in-game tune on the Vic was a rare treat, doubly so as it was polyphonic. I sure savored it, so you certainly didn´t write that bassline in vain!
Agreed.
Cliff
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by Cliff »

Ha ha! Glad you liked the music!

@High Bidder - one of the last games I wrote was a Joust copy, but I didn’t complete it. After that, I moved on to the C64. I had one published title there - Starship Trooper - and a few I never finished: Cosmonaut On Mars, very close to completion, but Melbourne House wanted some changes and I was too stupid to take their advice; an RPG in the style of Wizardry; and a game based on Aliens. Around that time I went to university and stopped developing for a few years.
Noizer
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Noizer »

Yes all nice memories. But has anyone done a similar game on vicy featuring pixel level movements?
Valid rule today as earlier: 1 Byte = 8 Bits
-._/classes instead of masses\_.-
AndyH
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by AndyH »

I would have liked Shark Attack if I had had it back in the day. I've not come across some of these, three stand out quite vividly though - certainly the Wizard and the Princess being an early game. I remember the scramble-like game and Cosmonaut. Very imaginative settings and visuals throughout. I will have to have a go of the games I'd not seen before for sure.
--
AndyH
HEWCO | Vic 20 blog