I am NOT ebeation

Discuss anything related to the VIC
eslapion
ultimate expander

I am NOT ebeation

Post by eslapion »

Just a word of warning about some troll lurking on Lemon64.

This idiot, in a last post on Lemon64, is essentially trying to present me as somebody who badmouths just for the sake of badmouthing. I suspect Groepaz created this account.

The alias is ebeation and the avatar he used is a photo of Alan Turing (my last avatar on that forum) photoshopped with a stupid kid's hat.

I am NOT ebeation, I did not create this account and none of the post he made reflects in any way my point of view.
Be normal.
pixel
Vic 20 Scientist

Re: I am NOT ebeation

Post by pixel »

eslapion wrote:Just a word of warning about some troll lurking on Lemon64.

This idiot, in a last post on Lemon64, is essentially trying to present me as somebody who badmouths just for the sake of badmouthing. I suspect Groepaz created this account.

The alias is ebeation and the avatar he used is a photo of Alan Turing (my last avatar on that forum) photoshopped with a stupid kid's hat.

I am NOT ebeation, I did not create this account and none of the post he made reflects in any way my point of view.
You have no other chance, dude, but to let yourself boil down or a bunch of idiots is about to have metric cartloads of fun with you. Personally, I cannot imagine that groepaz would do such kind of shite. I know it's hard as a granite cookies but please let it pass, kill this topic, breathe.
A man without talent or ambition is most easily pleased. Others set his path and he is content.
https://github.com/SvenMichaelKlose
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Having checked, the IP is in Germany, and doesn't belong to any other poster on the forum.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

@pixel:
I'm not even angry, just amused at the scale of the stupidity.

Still, considering I received questions about this by e-mail, I must inform people its not me...
Be normal.
pitcalco
just pitcalco

Post by pitcalco »

Some people just never grow up.
No worries, eslapion. You are pretty safe on Denial, I think.

There is a reason why I don't get too involved on the 64 forum, after all,
There are only three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.

Paul Lambert
Berlin
Federal Republic of Germany
groepaz
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by groepaz »

Personally, I cannot imagine that groepaz would do such kind of shite.
oh how wrong you are - didnt you get the memo about groepaz's evil crusade on slappy? 8)
I'm just a Software Guy who has no Idea how the Hardware works. Don't listen to me.
joshuadenmark
Big Mover

Post by joshuadenmark »

Yes - let's keep it in a friendly mood. Mud throwing isn't the karma we are seeking.

For the future notice, unfriendly behavior will generate a pink sissy avatar, that only comes of with friendly words and love 8)
Kind regards, Peter.
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

groepaz wrote:oh how wrong you are - didnt you get the memo about groepaz's evil crusade on slappy? 8)
I'll take that as a denial of you having anything to do with this account.

Good enough for me. I didn't start this thread to bitch, just wanted people to know its not me.

Anyways, the simple fact this account was approved by admins on Lemon64 says a lot about the way this forum is run.

Thank you all!
Be normal.
groepaz
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by groepaz »

I'll take that as a denial of you having anything to do with this account.
that's the plan
I'm just a Software Guy who has no Idea how the Hardware works. Don't listen to me.
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

eslapion wrote:Anyways, the simple fact this account was approved by admins on Lemon64 says a lot about the way this forum is run.
Accounts are approved by the users themselves once registered, admin has nothing to do with it.
joshuadenmark
Big Mover

Post by joshuadenmark »

and that's the way the cookie crumbles...
Kind regards, Peter.
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

Mayhem wrote:Accounts are approved by the users themselves once registered, admin has nothing to do with it.
My 2 cents worth: You should let people apply for an account then have it approved by an admin.

AFAIK, This is how it works on Amibay - it reduces spam. (and a lot of other problems)

End of line
Be normal.
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Too many people signing up in general, we'd been spending too long checking them out before allowing them in. We do all of this in our spare time. Don't have the time or the resources. If it was a much smaller community/forum (of which I'm on a couple), then yes we do admin approve. But Lemon is too big to do that.
Misfit
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Misfit »

Mayhem wrote:Too many people signing up in general, we'd been spending too long checking them out before allowing them in. We do all of this in our spare time. Don't have the time or the resources. If it was a much smaller community/forum (of which I'm on a couple), then yes we do admin approve. But Lemon is too big to do that.
A silly question but do you have any information about size of the retro scene? If you compare C64/VIC-20/C16Plus4/Spectrum etc.
English Invader
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by English Invader »

The amount of people on the forums seems to have gone down a lot in the last couple of years. Of the retro forums I frequent, only Lemon 64 and AtariAge get regular activity every day. The rest are ghost towns.