wish this guy didn't collect vic 20 stuff

Discuss anything related to the VIC
vic user
VicGyver

wish this guy didn't collect vic 20 stuff

Post by vic user »

oldcompcollector2003

man, that person on ebay cannot be outbid by anyone, not even mayhem.

she/he must have a lot of cash, as they can just keep upping the bid price on anything they want.

just wish they weren't into vic 20, or at least that the person actually uses the stuff they buy, rather than just sitting on a shelf.

chris
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Oh? :P

Yeah I've beaten him, care to divulge which auction(s) you are talking about here? ;)

I think I know... had my eye on it as well perhaps.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

wow, you actually beat that person in an auction?

i am impressed at both your disposable finances then :)

chris
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

There is a guy like that on Tradera too, called "stonan". I was lucky that there was two Plus/4s for sale at the same time when I bought mine, because he bid on the other one and both auctions ended up at 410 SEK... Just 10 SEK more than what he payed for a VIC-20 book some time back... But as I've said before, one or two times I have put bids on auctions he has bid on just to raise the price for him... as I know his bids are unreasonable high, he can just as well pay a little more than junk money I think.... Maybe not very nice to him, but nicer to the sellers...

/Anders
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

i guess these people can be at a disadvantage sometimes because of this.

similar to how clubs treat Chelsea in the transfer market.

since clubs know that Chelsea's owner is a multi-billionaire, transfer prices of players become unreasonably high if Chelsea inquires about a player they have, just because they know they can up the price, yet if another club besides Chelsea is interested in the player, the transfer price is much lower.

chris
Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

I am sure Mayhem can beat him.. :D

After I got(buy) my Miner 2049er from him, he has been my hero.. :D

8)
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Some time ago, there was a guy who had quite a few vic-20 boxed cart auctions at Tradera. About 10 or so ending at about the same time. I put bids on most of them, just to be outbid by "Stonan" every time. But there was some other carts I was interested in that was boxed and sealed with a quite high starting bid that nobody bid on. I thought the price was a little too high. When I had lost all the auctions ... Well, I sent an email to the seller and gave him an offer of 300 SEK for the unsold carts which he had put a total starting bid of 440 SEK for. I then also pointed out to him that I had saved him money by bidding on the other auctions. And he agreed to the deal... So I ended up satisfied even after loosing all those auctions...

/Anders
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Lloyd Mangram
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

You think these high bidders would come to forums like this - I can imagine them sitting at home in a nuclear bunker grabbing hold of their purchases! :lol:
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Someone get that guy into the forum. I need rich friends.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

Jeff-20 wrote:Someone get that guy into the forum. I need rich friends.
Why not do a "Denial Promotion" listing on eBay? Put all the various keywords related to VIC 20, games, etc. But in the listing, just give the Denial URL and a short description of the site, and explain there's nothing to bid on. That way people who are interested in VIC20 things will find the site.

Nick Coplin did that for his Commodore party in Australia a couple of years ago, I think it was fairly effective.
stonan
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by stonan »

Jeff-20 wrote:Someone get that guy into the forum. I need rich friends.
Here I am! :)
Does anybody need to get outbid today :evil:

I am an new VIC 20 collector, wants to experience the fun again that I had in my youth beside my beloved VIC :D
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Welcome! I see you found the Search function! ;) I hope you aren't too angry with me for raising one or two of your bids! :wink: But you have to be a little mad to pay over 400 SEK for a vic-20 book, right? ;)
http://sleepingelephant.com/ipw-web/bul ... .php?t=471

/Anders
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

welcome, and...

the nice thing is i finally outbid you on something stonan...

the vic 20 t-shirt auction from last week :)

chris
stonan
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by stonan »

No hard feelings I promise. I have bought many books last year, some cheap some expensive but in the end my collection grows :) and I am happy :D
Some is presented here http://www.stonan.com (needs an update not everything is in there)

My collection goal is 8)
1. VIC 20 with hardware accessories (Commodore made is Priority 1)
2. VIC 20 carts
2. Documents, litterature and magazines about VIC 20 (Swedish prior to English)
3. Commodore 64 hardware (not so much software) just the fun hard stuff
4. Philips Videopac, Luxor Fairchild and Atari 2600 (just for fun)
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

But didn't you buy a Plus/4 once?

Here is my collection:
http://user.tninet.se/~pug510w/datormuseum/

My main thing is vic-20 and utilities/tool carts.

/Anders