wish this guy didn't collect vic 20 stuff

Discuss anything related to the VIC
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Considering the amount of items you have up for sale at times, I thought you were more a trader than a collector. Maybe it is possible to combine those interests though, if one limits yourself to keep only one of each item. I even saw that you got a decent bid on that broken 1541-II. Too bad that it was diagnosed not to be a faulty PSU, as I suggested.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

I haven't added the broken vic-1005 I got from carlsson yet... or the c64-roms I got instead of swedish-vic20-keyboard roms :lol:
Last edited by Boray on Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

That must have been maximum bad luck, in particular the expansion unit with some broken connectors, considering that all the cartridges I picked up worked flawless without not even need to clean the connectors.
Anders Carlsson

stonan
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by stonan »

Boray wrote:But didn't you buy a Plus/4 once?

Here is my collection:
http://user.tninet.se/~pug510w/datormuseum/

My main thing is vic-20 and utilities/tool carts.

/Anders
Yes even two of them. I have a C16 some C128, a PET and some more stuff. It will all be presented at my www when I get some more time.
I have been busy overbidding all of you guys :twisted:

I remember talking to you after the VIC carts auctions I belive. I remebered your homepage very well. :)
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

At least one of the logic chips must be broken too... But maybe I will try to repair it one day and use it as a 2-port expander...
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Yes, I think I remember that now. It was some utilities-carts I think... Programmer's aid and some more or something. But I got a Programmer's Aid cart from vic-user as a gift later on! :D

/Anders
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Two SN74LS244N. Maybe broken traces on the board.

Btw, since I've never bought anything on online auction*, nobody had the honour to overbid me yet.

*) With exception to Dimitri's sales, which I'm awaiting shipment later. He's currently trying to deliver as much goods as possible by own car.
Anders Carlsson

stonan
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by stonan »

carlsson wrote:Considering the amount of items you have up for sale at times, I thought you were more a trader than a collector. Maybe it is possible to combine those interests though, if one limits yourself to keep only one of each item. I even saw that you got a decent bid on that broken 1541-II. Too bad that it was diagnosed not to be a faulty PSU, as I suggested.
Well If I want my collection to grow I have to make the money come in as well. My wife dosn't like me to spend the house morgage on old computer stuff. So when I buy something on eBay I usally buy more from the same seller for combined shipping. Then I can keep the stuff that I want and sell det duplicates on Swedish "Tradera". Uhpps my secret is out. :roll:
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Stonan, If you collect one of each item, how do you do with different versions? For example the 9v vic-20 and the vic-20-CR and so on? And the carts - there are different versions there too, some with metal top, some with paper top, some made by Handic etc...

/Anders
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

And the pet-keyboard vic and the swedish keyboard vic etc etc...
stonan
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by stonan »

Boray wrote:Stonan, If you collect one of each item, how do you do with different versions? For example the 9v vic-20 and the vic-20-CR and so on? And the carts - there are different versions there too, some with metal top, some with paper top, some made by Handic etc...

And the pet-keyboard vic and the swedish keyboard vic etc etc...

/Anders
Well that's true but one thing at a time. I will cover them eventually. About the carts, I have already started to get the different variants. Some Handic ones are harder to get, that you probably already know.
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Well, isn't this a little odd - Two guys from Västerås and one from Göteborg, discussing in English!!! :lol:
stonan
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by stonan »

Very odd, but maybe all the non-swedish members also wants to hear about overbidding on swedish Tradera or maybe NOT.
stonan
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by stonan »

Finally I have updated my VIC 20 page http://www.stonan.com/vic20.htm
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Well you've shown me there's another Handic C64 cart I didn't know about (Jupiter Lander) so I can add that to my list (if you decide to sell it, let me know!), plus I can start tracking the existence of some other Handic Vic20 carts too.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...