rmelick wrote:Vic20-Ian wrote:Cool - two Votrax emulators in one day - and 2 videos, Jeff will be chuffed seeing the number of times he has posted asking for it
Vic20-Ian, a *BIG* thank you to you as well. Without you it would not have been possible. The answer was here all along in the forum. Thank you for doing the research and helping to resolve the issue. I truly appreciate it.
Commodore's misprint in the manual really caused a lot of head-scratching. I didn't even know the VIC-20 was capable of 2400 baud. There is a lot of confusion about that factoid as well.
To all the Dad(s) out there -- or in whatever way you may serve as a father-figure to others -- Happy Father's Day!
Thank you - I am glad to see it working, now I need to look at why i didn't think to suggest to do a baud rate test earlier.
I was remembering back to old 300/75 baud acoustic coupler modems and about to suggest changing the duplex or stop bits to see if that would correct the strange characters you were getting.
All that 8N1, 7E1, 7E0 was a vague memory, I remember seeing such garbage correcting to English before by doing this.
I forgot the baud rate difference would have a similar effect - I guess it is like sampling any signal at the wrong frequency.
I wonder if a fixed string from the cartridge read at the wrong baud rate will give consistent garbage Petscii - Eslapion might find that interesting too
In the end the Commodore 1200 Baud statement was the real cause of the issues here
I am glad we all solved it.