Auto add emulator links?

Discuss anything related to the VIC
matsondawson
The Most Noble Order of Denial

Auto add emulator links?

Post by matsondawson »

Is it possible in phpbb to automatically generate an emulator link to my javascript emulator for any URL ending in .prg?
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't want an automated script to change my posts.

Furthermore, I suppose you couldn't guarantee that any *.prg file runs without hassles on your emulator. If you add the link manually in an own follow-up post, that's fine and indicates you checked it at least. But if such an automated link lets the program fail in your emulator, the original poster gets the blame for it. :?

It's nothing against your JS VIC-20 emulator, you put a lot of work into it, it's just things might not always turn out as expected.

The forum software really needs an upgrade to get rid of spammers, the admins should put the priorities there.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I love the option of using your online emulator, and I plan on using it in future prg posts. However, I feel like it should be at the discretion of the person posting the prg. Like Mike said, there's too much going on with the phpbb. I wouldn't want it to be automatic.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
Kweepa
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Kweepa »

I love your 'Inline VIC20' javascript snippet that converts any PRG links on the current page, although I admit that doesn't get noticed by beginners.

I wouldn't mind if the board changed my posts automatically.
matsondawson
The Most Noble Order of Denial

Post by matsondawson »

Kweepa wrote:I love your 'Inline VIC20' javascript snippet that converts any PRG links on the current page, although I admit that doesn't get noticed by beginners.

I wouldn't mind if the board changed my posts automatically.
Ah yeh that's really old now, I doubt it runs much :)
Maybe I could make a phpbb plugin you have the option of turning on that would find .prg links and add an extra link.