VIC-20 thermometer

Modding and Technical Issues

Moderator: Moderators

paulfoerster
Vic 20 Newbie

VIC-20 thermometer

Post by paulfoerster »

Hi,

there used to be a small "project" in some German magazine which made the VIC-20 measure the current temperature. It was as simple as connecting an NTC or PTC resistor to one of the pot lines of the joystick port and then loading a program that displayed a graphical thermometer on the screen.

Does anyone know here of that thing? What would the resistor value be? And does anyone know of the program?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Paul
OBSysteme
Vic 20 Enthusiast

vic-20 thermometer

Post by OBSysteme »

Hi Mike!

I don't know about the specific program and example you are talking about, but go on google, and seach for "vic-20 interfacing blue book". You should be able to find a pdf version of the nice little book, and in it is an example on how to set-up a thermometer for the vic-20, among all sorts of other neat things.

hope this helps!
OBS
RobertBe
Vic 20 Elite

Post by RobertBe »

Off-topic - I remember looking at a German C= magazine when I visited Dirk K. of the Dienstagstreff Commodore Club. There was an article that had a C64 program and a hardware list which turned the computer into an alcohol breathalyzer! Imagine that... breathe into your Commodore, and it would tell you if you were drunk or not! I should remind Dirk to send me the details of that article.

Convert the program to run on a VIC,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
July 27-28 Commodore Vegas Expo v9 -
http://www.portcommodore.com/commvex
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

The Commocoffee 64 (which also applies to the VIC) is another weird interfacing project (Italian article).