Introduce Yourself: What's your User Name based on?

Sticky Threads and Annoucements
luiscoco
Vic 20 Newbie

Re: Introduce Yourself: What's your User Name based on?

Post by luiscoco »

Hi guys
I really like the Vic 20, I have 2, the power version of 2 pins and the most modern transformer with dim cable, I also have a Vic 20 case with a C64 inside, I also have a special cartridge (made in retrowiki.es ) of 40 k of memory configurable with jumpers, besides an imitation of Drive with SD and several units of Disc and Cassette recorders and many cartridges and cassettes. I will comment

My nick comes from my name Luis and Coco because I started with the Tandy radio shack Color computer (COCO)
zipupzippy
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by zipupzippy »

Hello All, love the Vic-20 ,use mine daily still
My username is because of my liking of Zippy from Rainbow old kids tv show :D
Junkman
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by Junkman »

Hello. My name is based on the fact I collect a lot of old junk :lol:
Old computer
Old cars
Old tape decks and cassettes
Old radios
Old phones

The VIC-20 is actually the 1st computer I ever touched. My grandfather was a ham and he got it for packet radio. Thankfully he also kept old junk and never got rid of the VIC. After my grandparents passed we cleaned out the house and I took the system home and it sat boxed up for over a decade forgotten about.

Last month I was just surfing youtube and caught The 8-bit Guy's videos about the VIC and started thinking about mine. Well a I dug it out and fired it up and came right to life. The keyboard is great and it seems solid. The datasette works and I was able to load some of those old games I used to play when my grandpa had it running. The peripherals (vic modem, 16k cart, MFJ packet TNC and cartridge) all check out fine. I was going to remove all the notes and clean up the case but I decided to leave it as is.

Skimmed some of the homebrew games here and purchased a digital copy of Pulse and download Haunt/It Came from the Grave since they came with .WAV files. Was able to dub then to tape with out issue. I am grateful to people who distribute their stuff on .WAV. Ordered a case of C15 tapes and norelco cases and I am going to start dubbing the home brews I find here to build up my software collection. Will also keep my eyes peeled to hopefully catch the next physical media sale. :D

Thanks
Attachments
IMG_8622.JPG
siccoyote
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by siccoyote »

27 years I was a 12 year old boy who liked horror and gore and stuff. My first name began with si, my last with c, so I was si c and I was sic.

And I was a fan of the roadrunner cartoons.
tryitagain
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by tryitagain »

I've found that whenever troubleshooting something, invariably the phrase "try it again" gets uttered. For anyone that has done troubleshooting, "try it again" is one of the most hope filled phrases in use - maybe this time it will work.

Thirty three years after giving my first Vic-20 to a friend, I find myself with a Vic-20 again, but this time instead of buying it at Ollie Fretters for $350 with the datasette, I bought this Vic-20 at Goodwill. As I restore the unit and make a few mods, I figured that I would probably be crossing my fingers a lot and saying to myself - "try it again".
20questions
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by 20questions »

knew i'd find it eventually...sorry, my name is 20questions. Why? well, I have...20 or so questions about the vic and programming on it. nuff said. Hello everyone :)
Bedroom coder=rock star
modern coder= pop star
i'd rather be a rock star than a pop start 8)
kilroywashere
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by kilroywashere »

Hello world!

Names Kilroy ... and like him I am here..... if you guess where my signature is from you win the interwebs .... hope to chat with you guys and gals soon ...
He is part of the dead...he has no place here. He has the stink of oil and electric circuitry about him. He is obsolete...
Witzo
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by Witzo »

Welcome, new people!
cbmeeks
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by cbmeeks »

My username is based on my nickname and real name. My given name is Cecil. My middle name starts with a "B" (and is private) and my last name is Meeks.

As a kid, my friends and family just called me "CB". So, "cbmeeks" is what I am known as online (I tried to maintain the same username everywhere).

As for my avatar, it is Louis Feinberg (A.K.A, Larry Fine) from the Three Stooges (my favorite Stooge).
Cat; the other white meat.
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

I always thought you were CBM-eeks (whatever the meaning of eeks) :D
cbmeeks
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by cbmeeks »

orion70 wrote:I always thought you were CBM-eeks (whatever the meaning of eeks) :D
Well, I've walked into a room and made a few women yell "EEK!" from time to time. lol
Cat; the other white meat.
retroredrum
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by retroredrum »

hi all !

my user name comes from Shining, which is my favorite movie ! it's as simple as that :)

mimmosic
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by mimmosic »

Hello,
my nick is actually the short for my name & surname.

I am very suprised by this awesome community - I was a hungry consumer of all VIC 20 stuff in the 80s, wrote myself a massive amount of software, and I am delighted to see that I am able to run them today on emulators and exchange stuff to/from my PC with recent tools.

Greetings from Italy!
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

... and YESSS! Another Italian :D . How many are we now? Maybe the most represented nationality after the Americans? Welcome and have fun here!
Tamurello
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by Tamurello »

Tamurello?

Nah, I'm not Italian...

It's the bad Wizard off Jack Vance's excellent "Lyonesse"-Trilogy.
Virtually *everybody* tells how cool J.R.R. is, but others are WAY underestimated. Read it!
(And read as well Patricia A. McKillip's also excellent "Riddle-Master"-Trilogy.)