Moderator: Moderators

Schlowski
NoMess!

Post by Schlowski »

So now we have our final list:

Leo/KilrPilr: C128 and 1xTurbo corder
Anders: Original C2N
Zeela: 1xTurbo Corder, Manta Data recorder

Please sent me a PM with your address, then I will take care of sending the parts out.
KilrPilr
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by KilrPilr »

Sounds cool to me Schlowski. Ill send you a pm right now. Thanks

Leo
KilrPilr
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by KilrPilr »

I got the c128 and 2 datasettes this morning. Thanks alot Bjoerg! I will let you know if it works. Its amazing how that turbocorder is identical to a commodore datasette. Im sure they had the same moulds! I love the keyboard on the c128 with the german characters and such. Extremely cool! YOU are da man my friend! Thanks alot! I will round up the mags today and mail them out. Man was that a quick delivery, you must have purchased EMS or something as normally anything coming from europe takes around 2 months. Anyway, thanks again and be looking for your mags!

Leo
Schlowski
NoMess!

Post by Schlowski »

Cool, so delivery was a lot faster than expected! And did it get without complaints through customs? The form which I had to fill out was a little bit confusing to me...
Hope you get the C128 to work with your strange power over there ;-)
And yes, I didn't realise that this datasettes are no originals until I set up the topic here. Today one could not make such clones without having the lawyers at your door!

Now the only thing left to do for me is waiting for the mags...

Have fun
Schlowski
KilrPilr
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by KilrPilr »

Schlowski wrote:Cool, so delivery was a lot faster than expected! And did it get without complaints through customs? The form which I had to fill out was a little bit confusing to me...
Hope you get the C128 to work with your strange power over there ;-)
And yes, I didn't realise that this datasettes are no originals until I set up the topic here. Today one could not make such clones without having the lawyers at your door!

Now the only thing left to do for me is waiting for the mags...

Have fun
Schlowski
Yeah it got through no problems. No charges thankfully. I have a pal vic-20 and it works fine on our power. Im sure the c128 will work fine too. I will be trying out the c128 pretty soon here and will post here. Thanks again Bjoerg!

Leo
KilrPilr
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by KilrPilr »

So I tested it out and it has a scrambled screen on both 64 mode and 128 mode. I decided to see if it would autoload maverick so i stuck that in the drive and it booted it but the display was scrambled until it loaded the main page then I could read it and it looked fine (but black and white) so i hit return to load the fast copier and it went scrambled again. I pulled out my toki pal cart which doesnt work on my ntsc 64 and low and behold it came up just fine and i could play the game. YAY! Ive had that cart for a few years now and I love the game but couldnt play it. Now I can. I turned off the computer,unplugged the cart and rebooted and it was still scrambled. I hooked it up to my ati all in wonder composite in video card and selected pal-D and plugged the cart back in and now its in color on my 19" svga monitor! Which is cool. And I can hear the game sounds.I decided to take it apart and reseat any socketed chips. I open it up and there is a wierd character rom eprom on an adapter board and the kernal is an eprom. I assume for the german keyset. Anyways it turns out the character rom had come out of its seat on one end so i reseated it and any other chips i could. I tried c64 and 128 mode and they now work perfect. The screen is clear and crisp and I loaded maverick and all the menus appeared. So now I have a good working pal 128! This is sooo cool. :D :D

Leo
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

See also "Secret Weapons of Commodore", maintained by Cameron Kaiser:

http://www.floodgap.com/retrobits/ckb/secret/de128.html

You can also browse around to see the different ways localization seemed to be implemented in Norway, Sweden and Germany.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

And it actually works on 60Hz power? Or do you have a 50Hz converter?

/Anders
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
KilrPilr
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by KilrPilr »

It works fine on 60hz power. Basically all i did was remove my ntsc 128 and put this one in its place and plug it in to all the existing connections.I guess the real tell tale will be watching some pal demos and see if they perform properly. If toki working is any kind of sign then the demos should work fine too.

Leo
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Maybe the clock goes too fast? Try this and compare to a real clock:

10 print "{home}";ti$
20 goto 10

/Anders
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

I asked Ray Carlsen, and he said that only programs using the "Time of Day" clocks in the CIA chips would be incorrect. So most programs will probably work...

/Anders
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Could you do the basic test I posted? It would be interesting to know if TI$ is affected. And also if TI is affected. For testing TI you could do:

10 PRINT "{home}"; INT(TI/60) : GOTO 10
RUN