DENIAL CHANGES

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

DENIAL CHANGES

Post by Jeff-20 »

I am planning some changes to this site in the next week or so.
IF you have any problems accessing this forum, I suggest you not bookmark the bulletin board directly; rather, enter from the welcome page.

www.sleepingelephant.com/denial

I am finally developing the site. Please be patient. One of the changes is moving the board to a new directory. I am still figuring out the databases.
Last edited by Jeff-20 on Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I just installed an updated phpbb in a more convenient folder...

no more "ipww/bulletin/bb" long addresses. It is also a bug free version that will have a few more features...

the only problem: I have to move the whole thing. NOne of the links in the messages (to other messages) will work.

Should I do it?
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Is it out of the question to have some redirection tool? I wonder if a .htaccess file would help..

By the way, at the time of writing this message:
Status wrote:Our users have posted a total of 3581 articles
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

By the way, would it make sense with one or two new sub-sections about VIC-20 documentation and links, now when we have a whole section about actual programs and an sub-section about programming in general?
Anders Carlsson

Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

If you look at the front page, I have been trying to build an html section for that. The guide sction would just link to review and discussions about specific games... I still need to seperate it by letter, but I think it could be interesting.

Links could be handled the same way.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I am playing around with MODS. Do you guys have the ability to split, move or lock topics now? Look for new buttons at the bottom of each screen.
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Yes, I have the extra buttons. I tried the "Move" button and it seems to work (but I pressed NO of course).

Are you going to make us moderators, or are you just testing if it works?

/Anders
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

Me too, i have some buttons on the bottom left.

chris
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Yep, it appears for me too; split, twist, lift, move, inward, backward, tuck, pike, somersault, splash.

I wonder if any of the more recent web forums allow users to move their messages to another thread or subforum too, or if the option to split an off-topic thread always is reserved to moderators. It probably depends on the structure of the conference system though.
Anders Carlsson

vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

Yep, it appears for me too; split, twist, lift, move, inward, backward, tuck, pike, somersault, splash.
good one anders! :)

and now my user name pops up in green, my favourite colour!

chris
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I want to make this a better place, so I give the new MODS the authority to move, split or edit any forums. This should help with off topic threads and such.

I hope you don't see this as "work". You are not obligated; I wouldn't be able to pay you :lol: . Whenever you notice something, feel free to change it.

Also note: I only selected mods by who was most active in posting. Don't accuse me in playing favorites. :wink:

Still working on the directory to link every vic game to a discussion thread... (see front page)
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Jeff-20 wrote:I want to make this a better place
You're not taking place in a pageant competition, are you? :wink:

I like the idea to make threads about individual games (or sets of similar games, so many games could link to one thread). By the end of April I'll try both to play Trader (Boray's last submission) and put together a new Game of the Moment.
Anders Carlsson

Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Jeff-20 wrote:I hope you don't see this as "work". You are not obligated; I wouldn't be able to pay you :lol: . Whenever you notice something, feel free to change it.
I feel a bit honored, thanks! :wink: Not that I ever have seen something that needed to be deleted or moved... So it will surely not be much "work" ;)

/Anders
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I've noticed many threads that should be "split" into their own topics. I've just been too lazy to do it.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Just added some rough updates to the Denial main page. I am still uncertain if I have the authority to put up txt documents of Vic 20 books, etc. Would anyone want this sort of thing?