New Release: Go Left

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

Jeff-20
Denial Founder

New Release: Go Left

Post by Jeff-20 »

Go Left
A game for the Unexpanded Vic 20, Joystick required. All BASIC.

I just noticed I didn't put up another game from that collection I made this past winter. Er, if you haven't played it, I hope you like it.

Game Play:
The object of the game is to go left. A player may fail by not going left. Points are scored by correctly going left.

Go Left. Follow the on-screen directions. Look at the cute bunnies. Just go left.

(This game appears on the white side of the Denial Collection 3)
Download
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Dubo' post:
By the way, here are the current High Scores:
1. 173 Boray
2. 120 Jeff-20
3. 98 Jeff-20

Yeah, I know the screen image above is misleading. hehehehe :lol:
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

This is one of my favourites in that collection! But I think you should make a new improved version with some machine language snippets or something, because it doesn't read really fast joystick movements now and that is a little annoying. It's more a matter of finding the right pace now instead of doing it as fast as you can.
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Thanks! I thought about this problem too. I can actually make the movements faster even in Basic. Maybe even twice as fast, but as I programmed it, I felt it would add challenge that you need to wait for the bunny to land on his mark before the new joystick command could be entered.

It was a cheap attempt at creating "suspense" as the bunny tries to keep up with the player, but now that I look at it as a player, I think you're right. It needs speed.
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

This game and Night of the Ninja are my favourites from the DC3 bunch. The one thing, for me that lets both games down is the difficulty curve. Both games get really hard, really quickly. But, hey, that's probably just me as I'm a bit crap at games!

PS: I like the screenshot. :)
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

If you make a faster version, then you might need some kind of penalty system so that you just cant move the joystick around really fast to pass any track. For example that the rabbit moves one step back if you move is wrong or that the score is decreased.
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

I thought this was a "dating game" as I can only "go left" to make the moves on a woman :lol:

If they sit to my right in a theatre, I'm all messed up for the evening :oops: