Technicom games for GB20

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

Mayhem
High Bidder

Technicom games for GB20

Post by Mayhem »

Seller has blocked anyone outside the US bidding even though I asked if I could bid. Anyone care to get these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

Also, he had another pair up that haven't been relisted yet. Could ask about them. Don't know if someone got them in a side deal or he just hasn't gotten around to it yet...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
bokvamme
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by bokvamme »

A bigger problem (for me) is that these items DO NOT appear when I search for vic-20 items (with location set to wordwide) from ebay UK.
vic20tapes.org - preservation of vic20 tapes.
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

^
Same here. I've been using my iPhone of late and just presumed that, that was the problem... :)

I hope someone is able to get these. It'd be frustrating to just watch them disappear into the ether...
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Bo: Even if the seller would have specified worldwide shipping, chances are you would not have seen those auctions. I have come to the conclusion we are dealing with two different factors when it comes to eBay:

1. Which countries you may send the item to. It helps foreign visitors to know if they can bid right away or ask for permission first. Sometimes the auction is blocked to only bidders registered in a certain country, like these auctions obviously are.

2. Which markets you want the item to appear on. Here it seems to exist at least two levels. The basic level is to pay for exposure on a foreign (e.g. UK) market whenever the buyer is searching worldwide. The more advanced level is to have the item appear immediately among the domestic items.

I usually go by eBay UK but have been bidding on a lot of items on eBay Germany which were set to worldwide or at least Europa shipping without at all showing up on the UK site, even when looking for them worldwide. To make matters worse, once you have found an item from e.g. a German seller, if you look for more items from the same seller via the UK site, zero items show up unless the seller paid for getting exposure outside of the German site.

That is a rather sneaky business model and probably one on which eBay makes the most money. A lot of people don't quite understand how things are connected and think they simply searched for the wrong items. As a rule of thumb: if you know 3-4 different eBay markets where an item you might be interested in might show up, browse around on each site and look for it locally. Your login is the same everywhere so no problem bidding, in particular not if the item anyway is for sale worldwide.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Which is a little odd because I found both of those on eBay UK searching worldwide. Both showed up for me fine. Maybe it has something to do with your own country of residence? Who can say...
bokvamme
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by bokvamme »

Finally managed to get a bid in.
bokvamme
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by bokvamme »

btw: stay away from the Hopping Mad auction :)
bokvamme
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by bokvamme »

carlsson wrote:As a rule of thumb: if you know 3-4 different eBay markets where an item you might be interested in might show up, browse around on each site and look for it locally. Your login is the same everywhere so no problem bidding, in particular not if the item anyway is for sale worldwide.
I use way too much time on ebay :)
Need to create some kind of application using the ebay API to do the job..
bokvamme
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by bokvamme »

hm! Who is the guy with 268 feedback on ebay stealing Hopping Mad.... :)
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

bokvamme wrote:hm! Who is the guy with 268 feedback on ebay stealing Hopping Mad.... :)
Erm, that was me...sorry. :oops:

I should have known that it was you I was bidding against - it always is when the price hits the £40 mark!

I also got the Birds of Prey and Vic-Men games. Were after them as well? :)

PS: Good luck with the US games - I promise I won't bid this time if you're after them. (I was actually just talking to someone who's got a friend who would've put a bid on for me!). :)
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

bokvamme wrote:Finally managed to get a bid in.
Nice work. The other two games have been relisted btw if you want to put a bid in there too...

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Hard-To-Find-Cass ... 519040f559
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Re: Technicom games for GB20

Post by gklinger »

Mayhem wrote:Seller has blocked anyone outside the US bidding even though I asked if I could bid.
Odd. It says the auction is open to Europeans. Sounds like you've got things sorted but should this come up again, send me a PM or an email (best bet) telling me what you want me to bid on and how much and I'll take care of it sharpish.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Ah... the original auctions was US only. I see these have more locations listed (as well as a $2 jump in starting price!).
bokvamme
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by bokvamme »

Pedro Lambrini wrote: I also got the Birds of Prey and Vic-Men games. Were after them as well? :)
Vic-Men yes, but that is not very rare so I will probably get a chance at it in the future.
bokvamme
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by bokvamme »

Mayhem wrote: Nice work. The other two games have been relisted btw if you want to put a bid in there too...
Done.