My New Project

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

Jeff-20
Denial Founder

My New Project

Post by Jeff-20 »

The timing of this news may not be the best. I have a new Denial project. It's around 80% complete and something like the previous Denial Collections. However, this project is significantly different.

I would like to call it a "Vic art project." I can make a maximum of 45 copies because of the nature of its presentation (more realistically, 30 or so). And unfortunately, unlike my past VIC projects, it will not be entirely free. The costs for this project greatly exceeded the last two. I would at least have to charge shipping (if not more depending on some yet-to-be-determined additional costs).

Considering all of the recent VIC-related purchases made available in the last year or so, I know most don't have extra money for such a thing. It is also nearing the winter season where other expenses may take priority. I understand the timing of another VIC project is probably too soon.

SO, I have a few choices. I can make it available for the holiday season, or I could hold off until the new year. I'm really proud and excited about the whole project; I hope at least a few get it. I can't say a whole lot about it now, but I can compare it to my previous releases (with the note that all my programming is limited to BASIC but my skills and ideas have improved! :P ) Holding off may even allow me to make it a little better.

I starting this thread to gauge interest. Let's say it's $5 (or max an optional $10 donation to the site). Let me know if you'd be interested in the next month. I know this is completely sight-unseen, and I would completely understand if you've already spent your VIC allowance for the year. :lol:
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

I'll probably be in for it regardless on timing now Jeff, so you've got one sucker, I mean paying customer here ;)
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

I'm with Mayhem. I'll buy a copy and donate to the site if that helps. I try to buy every new thing for the Vic just to encourage the development of new ideas whether hardware or software.

The Vic is by far my favourite machine and I'll keep supporting it for as long as my girlfriend doesn't dump me! :)
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

I'm pretty sure most people could find $5 or $10 in their budget if they were interested in your project. I know I would. As for when to release it, I like getting this done before the end of a year but it taking a bit more time will let you improve/polish it, then I say take the time. You'll be happier with the finished product.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
bokvamme
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by bokvamme »

yes, I'm probably in too, although for what I'm not sure yet :-)
vic20tapes.org - preservation of vic20 tapes.
rhurst
Omega Star Commander

Post by rhurst »

You can count on my continued support, Jeff, as long as it isn't illegal. :P
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
https://robert.hurst-ri.us/rob/retrocomputing
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

$10 is what, a Big Mac meal with extras? I think you have no problem at all to sell 30-40 copies of something for $10 each.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
adric22
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by adric22 »

carlsson wrote:$10 is what, a Big Mac meal with extras? I think you have no problem at all to sell 30-40 copies of something for $10 each.
I don't know.. I'm having a hard time figuring out what it is he is selling.. I've read the post like 5 times.. The best I can figure out is that it is some kind of artwork? I don't even know if it is something physical, or something that comes on a disk. So, I'm definitely not shelling out money if I don't know what it is.
English Invader
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by English Invader »

I have no problem with a $10 donation to Denial. I benefit tremendously from the community so I'm more than happy to give something back.

Having said this, I would like a few more details about the project. Jeff, what dost thou on thou mind have?
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Of course I would show images and give a complete description before making the project available to the public! :lol: The only reason I didn't with my last project was because it was entirely free and meant to be a surprise gift.

Those of you familiar with what I do can expect something game related, of course. I was just seeing if there was interest.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
Wilson
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by Wilson »

I'd be interested. I think it's really cool that the Vic-20 is seeing a lot of new releases. And like carlsson said, $10 is comparable to the price of fast food (that's how I always justify purchases in this price range :D )
Bacon
for breakfast

Post by Bacon »

adric22 wrote:
carlsson wrote:$10 is what, a Big Mac meal with extras? I think you have no problem at all to sell 30-40 copies of something for $10 each.
I don't know.. I'm having a hard time figuring out what it is he is selling.. I've read the post like 5 times.. The best I can figure out is that it is some kind of artwork? I don't even know if it is something physical, or something that comes on a disk. So, I'm definitely not shelling out money if I don't know what it is.
You don't have a thing to worry about. It's our Benevolent Dictator we're talking about here :-) Whatever he does, it's bound to be good, judging from Jeff's past accomplishments. And besides, the money goes into keeping this site alive.
Bacon
-------------------------------------------------------
Das rubbernecken Sichtseeren keepen das cotton-pickenen Hands in die Pockets muss; relaxen und watschen die Blinkenlichten.
Ghislain
Realms of Quest

Post by Ghislain »

Sure, count me in!
"A slave is one who waits for someone to come and free him." -- Ezra Pound
darkatx
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by darkatx »

Very intrigued to see what you have up your sleeve. ;)
Learning all the time... :)
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Funny mystery here... Count me in the number of the Curious People. :D