New Game in progress: Voioco

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

TBCVIC
Vic 20 Hobbyist

New Game in progress: Voioco

Post by TBCVIC »

This is one of my current projects which I had running on my Vic-20 at the Retrogathering event this weekend:

http://nevyn.organ.su.se/voioco/

The game will probably required atleast a 16K expansion and take me years to finish :)
Ola Andersson
Kweepa
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Kweepa »

Interesting!
What's going to be coming the other way?

P.S. VoIoCo - I see what you did there.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Awesome!

As long as the player has the ability to shoot, I would suggest adding things to shoot at. Like maybe other ships or aliens or something. :lol:

I can't wait to see where this one will go!
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

TBC has been showing me previews of this game since early spring. Last weekend he also showed a brand new sound routine which creates some sounds I haven't heard on a VIC-20 before, and that is with knowledge of both the "Viznut waveforms" and the improved speech in PWP's latest prod.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Mermaid
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by Mermaid »

Very nice!
TBCVIC
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by TBCVIC »

Yes, Voioco will definately use my new music routine. I'm able to get up to 8.5 octaves of notes with it. I will probably make some sort of tracker for it, so that I can get people to help me with music for my game.
Ola Andersson
TBCVIC
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by TBCVIC »

Here's the sound demo I played at retrogathering: http://nevyn.organ.su.se/tbcsound.mp3
Ola Andersson
Mermaid
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by Mermaid »

Sounds great, a tracker would be very nice.

Check your PMs btw :)
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

wow very nice work, I like this game genre :D

About music, Carlsson released a very nice music engine with a manual "tracker" support, I've used it for a lot of my projects.
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Yes, I'm sure we could work something out. TBC however mentioned each voice using the extended range will take some extra IRQ time. The higher the note, the more CPU intensive is the player. I suppose it may be a good idea to enable one voice with this resolution and use the other ones in the traditional way.
Anders Carlsson

Ivanhoe76
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Ivanhoe76 »

HUH!?!?!? Is it a vic playing? Are you sure that it isn't a C64 shoot'em'up? Amazing work, really... I love that kind of game!!!
No one should tolerate death and violence because tolerance will generate habit.
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

As this game was alluded to in another thread I thought I'd pipe up and ask how it's progressing. So, how's it going? :)
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
TBCVIC
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by TBCVIC »

Well, I haven't worked much on the actual gamecode lately , I've worked a little on the story and made a little intro. Yes, story :)
I'm not sure I want to show the intro yet...I know I want to add sound first atleast.
Ola Andersson
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

It's nice to hear you're still working on it. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. :)
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

TBC previewed the intro at my place last weekend. Looking nice, and it seems he really wants the game to have a thorough story line, not just level of level of shoot-em-up.
Anders Carlsson