Discuss anything related to the VIC
William_X
Vic 20 Drifter

Books about the Vic

Post by William_X »

There are two books I'm having problems finding:

Mapping the Vic by Russ Davies

The Software Pirate's Handbook for the Vic-20

With respect to "Mapping", does it include substantial information that's not found in the programmer's reference? I have the Vic-20 Programmer's Reference along with Vic Revealed, and was wondering if it's worth the effort of tracking down a copy.

The "Pirate's Handbook" I purchased as a 13 year old, and while serving in the military my family courteously lost it for me (probably chucked it in the trash). It contains nothing radical, I just think it's a good piece of nostalgia. It was written by David Thom and Vic Numbers and was published by PSIDAC. Also note that these folks wrote "The Software Protection Handbook for the C-64", which can be found as a PDF on the net.

Bill
William_X
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by William_X »

Replying to my own post.. I can see that Mapping is rare as hen's teeth (yes I should have searched the forum first). I may just have to get stupid and buy one of the copies floating around out there for the big bucks.

As far as the Pirate's Handbook, I'm in contact with both authors and they're seeing if they can pull a copy out of the basement.

;)

Bill
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

William_X wrote:I'm in contact with both authors and they're seeing if they can pull a copy out of the basement.
Great research! Tell them about Denial! :D
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

William_X wrote:As far as the Pirate's Handbook, I'm in contact with both authors and they're seeing if they can pull a copy out of the basement.
Bill
I may have a copy of this, but I have not yet time to look :oops:
Image Mega-Cart: the ultimate cartridge for your Commodore Vic-20
DLH
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by DLH »

{edit} - 9-29-2009 - Dragos loaned me a copy of his Mapping the VIC.

Look for it soon.

-----------------------------------------------------

I have a copy of Compute's Mapping the VIC by Russ Davies ISBN 0-942386-24-8 (1984)

I am missing a page from mine Page 314/315

If anyone who has this book can scan or make decent photocopy of the two missing pages I can post this book.

I hadn't heard of the Pirate's Handbook, sounds interesting....

Contact me on here or email.

thanks

David Haynes
dlh@bombjack.org

www.bombjack.org/commodore
William_X
Vic 20 Drifter

The Software Pirates Handbook for the VIC-20

Post by William_X »

Better late than never! I owned a copy of this back in the day (remember getting a money order with lawn mowing money when I was 13), and my family tossed my copy after I joined the army. I tracked down the authors and managed to get a copy out of them.

http://www.bombjack.org/commodore/progr ... ection.htm