Vic-20 New Hardware Thread?

Modding and Technical Issues

Moderator: Moderators

Disc Master I
Vic 20 Amateur

Vic-20 New Hardware Thread?

Post by Disc Master I »

Hi.

Might it be easier if there were a couple of threads one for New Hardware and one for New Software for the VIC-20?

I was reading about the Final Expander project and I'm very excited about it. I then thought... "What other hardware projects might there be for the VIC-20" of course something like this also for new games or software might be neat. These are just suggestions. :)

Thanks
John
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Re: Vic-20 New Hardware Thread?

Post by gklinger »

Disc Master I wrote:Might it be easier if there were a couple of threads one for New Hardware and one for New Software for the VIC-20?
There is the VIC-20 Software releases of 2009 thread which is used to announce new software. If you're curious, a similar thread for 2008 can be found here. For hardware there is the VIC-20 Hardware Release of 2008 thread which devolved into a redundant discussion thread. (I still haven't figured out if the use of the singular "Release" was intentional or not.) There is no equivalent thread for 2009, most likely as no new hardware has yet been released this year.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

gklinger wrote:There is no equivalent thread for 2009, most likely as no new hardware has yet been released this year.
How about MegaCart?
Prototypes existed in 2008, but production and GA was not until 2009.
Image Mega-Cart: the ultimate cartridge for your Commodore Vic-20
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

gklinger wrote:
Disc Master I wrote:Might it be easier if there were a couple of threads one for New Hardware and one for New Software for the VIC-20?
There is the VIC-20 Software releases of 2009 thread which is used to announce new software. If you're curious, a similar thread for 2008 can be found here. For hardware there is the VIC-20 Hardware Release of 2008 thread which devolved into a redundant discussion thread. (I still haven't figured out if the use of the singular "Release" was intentional or not.) There is no equivalent thread for 2009, most likely as no new hardware has yet been released this year.
I edited the title to remove date and stickied the thread (also split away discussion)... All hardware releases can be put in that thread. I don't expect there to be so many as to need annual threads like software releases.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

6502dude wrote:How about MegaCart?
Prototypes existed in 2008, but production and GA was not until 2009.
Ha! You're right, of course. The Mega-Cart didn't occur to me because we've been talking discussing it and watching it evolve for a few years now. It should definitely be in that thread and I believe the honour belongs to you.

Jeff-20 wrote:I edited the title to remove date and stickied the thread (also split away discussion)...
Excellent.
All hardware releases can be put in that thread. I don't expect there to be so many as to need annual threads like software releases.
I agree. I'm excited and delighted at the prospect of there being a few more entries in that thread.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

gklinger wrote:I agree. I'm excited and delighted at the prospect of there being a few more entries in that thread.
(Whistles innocently)
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Schema wrote:
gklinger wrote:I agree. I'm excited and delighted at the prospect of there being a few more entries in that thread.
(Whistles innocently)
Well, are you going to spill the beans then?! :)
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3