Developer needed for KERNAL ROM enhancement work

Basic and Machine Language

Moderator: Moderators

Diddl
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by Diddl »

carlsson wrote:Actually porting SJLOAD and/or JiffyDOS (which already exists in a mostly non-distributable version) to the VIC would make more sense if you want the combination of e.g. uIEC and fast loading.
I'm also interested in a turbo loader for the VIC-20 Final Expansion Disk Loader.

Final Expansion v3 has a SD2IEC on board. So either a VIC ported SJLOAD or a Easyload turbo implementation in SD2IEC would be a solution for me.

Is there any progress in a VIC port of SJLOAD?
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

I have looked at the C64 source code, watched it relocating to top of memory and then moved onto something closer to what I can accomplish in 15 minutes of time. I believe it should stay resident in BLK5 for an early solution.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

carlsson wrote:I have looked at the C64 source code, watched it relocating to top of memory and then moved onto something closer to what I can accomplish in 15 minutes of time. I believe it should stay resident in BLK5 for an early solution.
If you are able to port SJLOAD routines to the vic, i may try to implement it on EasyLoad too so if i recognize a JiffyDos drive like uIEC i may use these routines btw for the moment you may use EasyLoad with uIEC by pressing F5 first (disable turbo).
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.