help with cassette recorder

Modding and Technical Issues

Moderator: Moderators

aaronfire
Vic 20 Newbie

help with cassette recorder

Post by aaronfire »

Hi everyone:

im having trouble with my cm2 cassette recorder when i run the following test program i get an "out of memory" error...

10 print" this is a test"
save test

new

load test

i have a red button on the side of my vic, and i got it used, mabie it was modded, any suggestions?????

please let me know....
Regards: Aaron...
English Invader
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by English Invader »

I'm new to the VIC myself, but I fear your problem is with the VIC itself rather than the datasette. For the most part, the datasette just needs a bit of a head-clean or some realignment. Do you get the full 3583 Bytes on the VIC screen?
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Your C2N may be terribly poor or there is some fault in the VIC. Usually OUT OF MEMORY happens immediately after FOUND if the azimuth angle on the R/W head is misaligned. But since you recorded the program using the same recorder as you read it back with, I don't think it should happen.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

carlsson wrote:But since you recorded the program using the same recorder as you read it back with, I don't think it should happen.
Yes, this is really strange, try to repeat your tests with another vic or with a C64, even if head is misaligned, you should read what you have saved with the same datassette unless head is really dirty, try to clean it with alcohol and cotton.
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.