REPORTING FRAUD Vic 20 on eBAY

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

Legacy
Vic 20 Enthusiast

REPORTING FRAUD Vic 20 on eBAY

Post by Legacy »

Just wanted to let you guys know there is some fraud going on for the vic=20 on ebay. I had recently won a vic 20, 1541, 1515 printer, all cables, 2 manuals, joystick for $9.99 on ebay. I told the guy to forget the printer, it was broken and I dont want to pay for shipping on a broken piece of equipment, so we agreed on that it was fine. Then I made payment through a third party, it went through to Auctiva, which I have never heard of, but eventualy it was routed through to Paypal so I had no second thoughts. So i waited and waited , finally the box was due 1/8 and apparently was shipped to a wrong address. This guy is now claiming I supplied him the wrong address and that he is deaf and I need to setup a special phone call to make new arrangements. I talked to fedex, turns out alot of people are trying to pull the same scam! My confirmation from ebay for the purchase was valid and had my valid address on the invoice, it was this guys fault for not sending it to the right address. Now hes saying hes deaf , and Im reading on ebay not togo through 3rd party sites or I may not have a valid claim! This is really rediculous he is pulling a scam on ebay for 40 bucks on a vic 20, I really want to give him the benefit of the doubt , but something smells fishy here. His name is Atari-8-bits and he has a positive feedback of %100 +130 , so maybe it was just a big mixup, or maybe he made a bunch of accounts and bought stuff from himself to give himself a good reputation. I dont know, all I know is I never got my package, he used a 3rd party site, and hes now claiming the deaf scam along with a slew of e-mails that look like they couldve been written by an illiterate 12 year old. It would be profitable in the long run I guess, if you had 2 or 3 goin a week, use a 3rd party so no corrective action could be taken against yourself, and you get the money and your product back in one piece. I sincerely hope it was a mixup, but in the meanwhile, can someone direct me to a legit vic20 seller, that is fairly reasonable? I have seen TPUG from Denial and they look to have about 5 in stock for $30 bucks a pop with the cables, any other ideas? Thanks guys. - Leg