ML Monitor and assembler

Basic and Machine Language

Moderator: Moderators

Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

I've found the online version of 'The Second Book Of Assembly Language'.

It is possible to rebuild LADS from all the sources given, and doing such a boot-strapping process oneself is an instructive, and (in my eyes) very rewarding thing.

But if you type in the source code again by hand, chances are you add inadvertent typos. The source ends up displayed in a 22x23 screen, which isn't very helpful in overviewing the text either.

There is a good, and exhaustive documentation supplied in the text - and good ML programs can already be written without the inner knowledge of an assembler. ;)

Happy New Year,

Michael
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

shem wrote:@Eslapion
I would love to load it in but i have to type it in as its in a book
I don't understand. The file is there... why not just LOAD it and start it with the suggested SYS command??

I did, it works...
Be normal.
Mike
Herr VC

Re: Lads assembler

Post by Mike »

Also @eslapion:
shem wrote:Ok i have downloaded vicmon which works and lads assembler but after attaching the file to xvic (winvice 2.1 ) ans sys48641 it doesnt work [...] could anyone point me in the right direction? (possibly off the side of a cliff)
maybe you've got the antennas crossed, ... but even if this here is stating just the obvious:

After you've loaded LADS, and typed in NEW, you must LOAD, or type in a source code file, which then is assembled by starting LADS with the SYS command.

If there's no source code in memory, of course LADS doesn't work, as there is no work to do ...

Michael