RAMlink manual? I need one

Other Computers and Game Systems

Moderator: Moderators

yoyodyne
Vic 20 Enthusiast

RAMlink manual? I need one

Post by yoyodyne »

Hi,
Does anybody here have a manual for the CMD RAMlink?
I bought one with a huge lot of Commodore stuff last week, and
although I've got it to work, a manual would help me find
its full potential.

I will pay for even a xerox copy stuffed in an envelope!

Let me know.

Thanks!
Brian
If you document it, its not a bug, its a feature.
~
You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Just don't count on having them both at once.
~
There was a time, before we were born. If someone asks, this is where I'll be.
jbuonacc
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by jbuonacc »

channelmaniac
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by channelmaniac »

Our new printers at work are supposed to do high speed full duplex document scanning. If you want to ship it to me to copy & put into a .pdf let me know and I'll go test those printers out.

It'd be nice to get that doc up as a .pdf somewhere for downloading.

RJ
Call me a cheap bastard... I learned to fix things to save money... even surface mount soldering...

Visit my website: http://www.arcadecomponents.com
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

Guess why he has to sell the manual alone?

The RAMLink it came with has been destroyed by himself when he plugged a 12Vac wallwart to the input for the 9Vdc emergency battery connector... :roll:
Be normal.
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

eslapion wrote:The RAMLink it came with has been destroyed by himself when he plugged a 12Vac wallwart to the input for the 9Vdc emergency battery connector... :roll:
Oh yeah? I hadn't heard that one (or at least I don't remember hearing it before). Even though it's cruel and impolite to laugh at the misery of others, I'm going for it. :lol:
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

Worldlam...there's a name I haven't seen in a while.

I see he's still out of touch with his prices. :lol:
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

gklinger wrote:Even though it's cruel and impolite to laugh at the misery of others, I'm going for it. :lol:
I am not very amuzed by this incident... It is such blatant negligence that he should get slapped for it. :roll:
Be normal.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

I received a free, broken Timex Sinclair 1000 a while ago. It kind of booted up, but very poor picture (perhaps due to being NTSC RF) and it kept resetting itself. Now the other day I brought it out to trouble shoot. I know it should get 9V DC but couldn't remember if it expects positive polarity like most devices (e.g. Atari 2600) or reverse polarity like the ZX Spectrum. Last time it took me a while to locate that information from the Internet.

To make a long story short: the TS1000 does NOT expect reverse polarity. Something inside said *SNAP* and a slight smell telled me more or less of the board is now an ex-computer.

Indeed it is not quite as st00pid as plugging 12V AC to a 9V DC device, and the TS1000 is probably much more common and cheaper than a RAMLink is, but it hurt me a little. Perhaps there is some component one can replace. Otherwise I got an excellent case to build a pico-PC inside.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Leeeeee
soldering master

Post by Leeeeee »

Perhaps there is some component one can replace.
Probably just the input filter capacitor if it is tantalum as they die with not much more than a sniff at reverse voltage. If not that then the regulator is next on the list of things-to-die when you do something silly like that.

Lee.
Bacon
for breakfast

Post by Bacon »

I did that to a Sinclair ZX81 (the TS1000 is a ZX81 with 2K RAM instead of 1K, otherwise identical afaik) a couple of years ago. The only thing that happened was that I let the magic smoke out of the 5V regulator, which is a standard part easily found at any electronics store.
Bacon
-------------------------------------------------------
Das rubbernecken Sichtseeren keepen das cotton-pickenen Hands in die Pockets muss; relaxen und watschen die Blinkenlichten.