VIC 20 To PC Monitor.

Modding and Technical Issues

Moderator: Moderators

mysecretgarden
Vic 20 Newbie

VIC 20 To PC Monitor.

Post by mysecretgarden »

There is a way to connect a vic 20 with a standard pc monitor?

Thanks!!
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

At least if you have a TV card in your PC you should be able to connect your VIC-20 to that one and then display the captured image on the monitor. I've read about a guy who does so, having a secondary PC entirely for video capture. A bit impractical perhaps, but it works.

I believe there are standalone composite to VGA converters too, but I've no experience of those
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
mysecretgarden
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by mysecretgarden »

carlsson wrote:At least if you have a TV card in your PC you should be able to connect your VIC-20 to that one and then display the captured image on the monitor. I've read about a guy who does so, having a secondary PC entirely for video capture. A bit impractical perhaps, but it works.

I believe there are standalone composite to VGA converters too, but I've no experience of those
Thanks a lot!!!!
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

I have never used one, but here is an idea:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/prod ... 6#Overview

I suspect there is something like this for PAL market.
Image Mega-Cart: the ultimate cartridge for your Commodore Vic-20
sjgray
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by sjgray »

carlsson wrote:At least if you have a TV card in your PC you should be able to connect your VIC-20 to that one and then display the captured image on the monitor. I've read about a guy who does so, having a secondary PC entirely for video capture. A bit impractical perhaps, but it works.

Yes, I have a composite to VGA adapter (AverMedia TVBox 5 (its also a TV tuner)) and have used it to connect a CD32 and Dreamcast to a VGA LCD monitor. I haven't tried connecting the Vic20 but it should work fine too.

Steve
eslapion
ultimate expander

Re: VIC 20 To PC Monitor.

Post by eslapion »

mysecretgarden wrote:There is a way to connect a vic 20 with a standard pc monitor?

Thanks!!
I use this:
http://www.viewsonic.com/support/access ... tvisionn6/

Bought it early 2006 so I don't know if it is still being made but I gotta tell you its just plain great.
Be normal.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

My VIC is connected to an LCD TV with VGA input. I use it for my desktop PC and my VIC.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
Vic20-Ian
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Vic20-Ian »

Jeff How is it connected?

I just ordered a CBM to Scart lead to do the same on my TV before the old RF modulator dies.
Vic20-Ian

The best things in life are Vic-20

Upgrade all new gadgets and mobiles to 3583 Bytes Free today! Ready
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Vic20-Ian wrote:Jeff How is it connected?
With an AV cable (not an RF modulator) to the composite input. The monitor has composite, VGA, component, S-video, etc. It's a combo VGA monitor and TV.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.