Moderator: Moderators

DELETED

Diary of a 6502 Emulator

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

I have only just one suggestion, a java or flash emulator so we can use your 6502 emulator as base for a vic20 emulator too that we can use here on denial, on-line like other C64 / spectrum emulators.
I don't know if is technically possible to convert C code to java or flash scripts but if there is a way, please do not discard it, i think that there are a lot of people here that may help you, me for example, i'm a vb and asm programmer but if required i may learn new languages for a similar project.
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Athlor
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Athlor »

C# would be the closest to java. But in my humble opinion, I'd forget the flash approach, it's the slowest of all. I've seen the C64 one. There is yet another 64 emulator in PHP & javascript that's even slower.
You know getting a basic Java Commodore emulator going in just say 22x23 character text mode could be the easiest. It could extended with Vic graphics and sound eventually. No commitments, but I am looking into this amongst my other projects.
JJ Abrams Star Trek: Boldly going where we've already been...
Kweepa
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Kweepa »

jac64 is a java c64 emulator with full source code. That looks like the most promising avenue to me.