Paper Soft type-ins (comments) (ITA/ENG)

Deutsch, Italiano, Nederlands, Norsk, Polski, Suomi, Svenska, all non-English discussions

Moderator: Moderators

nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

*** ENGLISH ***
Updated the BROWSABLE PDF with 2 new issues posted from another site "Ready64.org" discovered by Orion70, new issues are: Year II, nr 18 and 20.

*** ITALIANO ***
Aggiornato il PDF INDICIZZATO con 2 nuove uscite postate da un altro sito "Ready64.org" scoperto da Orion70, i nuovi numeri sono: Anno II, nr 18 e 20.
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Should Sing Sing be in multi-color mode?

That thread makes me want to learn Italian so much!
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Jeff-20 wrote:Should Sing Sing be in multi-color mode?
No, it use location 36878 just to set volume.
That thread makes me want to learn Italian so much!
:lol:
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

I've just added Il nome della nota that is a clone/translation of "The Note Name Game" by Jeff Behrens that was published from COMPUTE!'s Gazette December 1983 - Issue 6, Vol. 1, No. 6.
See pages A, B.

I've not found the original PRG file, No disk contained with this issue.
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Someone might have to type it up then...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Mayhem wrote:Someone might have to type it up then...
does not seem that there are so many people that want to re-type lists :?
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

I can do that, provided that I have the original listing. It won't take long, as we already have the Italian version, and I think it's a matter of changing few words.
Problem is: anyone has the original listing? :?:
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

carlsson wrote:Cheers! Another Doug Smoak release, from July 1983.
As a side note, yesterday I got an email from Doug Smoak. He told me Compute! paid about $350 in royalties for Gotcha, and I suppose the other games may have cashed in approximately as much. Of course he had no idea his works had been reprinted in Italian. :-D

I'd believe the magazine took over all the publishing rights to the readers' programs so once they had striked a deal with e.g. Paper Soft, it was a matter between the two magazines and authors were not a matter.

Doug is today in his 60's and still an active programmer, though no longer making VIC games. All this found out thanks to Denial plus a few emails swapped.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

carlsson wrote: As a side note, yesterday I got an email from Doug Smoak. He told me Compute! paid about $350 in royalties for Gotcha, and I suppose the other games may have cashed in approximately as much.
Fun :D
Doug is today in his 60's and still an active programmer, though no longer making VIC games.
what a pity !, try to ask him if he wants to make a new Vic game :wink:
All this found out thanks to Denial plus a few emails swapped.
I love internet.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Upon second look, it appears Compute! did pay additional royalties when listings were reprinted in books like those "Compute!'s First Book Of". Perhaps it was up to them to distribute licensing money to the authors but couldn't be bothered, depending on how the contract(s) with other magazines looked like.

Doug further writes that he worked on a maze game similar to Time Bomb, but for the C64, but never finished it. I'm sure many of those people who submitted listings, in particular those written in machine code, went on to try to get published by a games company but rather few did.

Anyway, I'm amazed about all of yours' productivity when it comes to scanning and proofreading the listings. Did you have nothing else to do in the summer? :)
Anders Carlsson

orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

carlsson wrote:Did you have nothing else to do in the summer? :)
I live and work in a hot and humid city of Northern Italy, so no - I've got nothing to do better than staying in my air conditioned room, typing some old listings and reviving the flavour of the 80s. :roll:

BUT I know nbla000 lives just in front of the sea, so ask him... :wink:
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

orion70 wrote:BUT I know nbla000 lives just in front of the sea, so ask him... :wink:
I'm in holiday at the moment but since my daughter is just one year old i stay at home this year but to live near the see is not too bad :wink:

Btw i've free time after 10:30pm, this is enough for me for PaperSoft and MegaCart projects and not only :oops:
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

OK guys, I just bought a couple of Papersoft issues which were not available in the internet. Three more programs are coming - Bioritmi (Biorhythm charts), Cubo magico (Rubik's Cube), and Il Coniglietto (Bunny arcade game). :D

[BTW, the screenshot in Bioritmi is my current status for today - I guess it won't be a good day at work 8) ]
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Slightly off-topic, but it makes me think of this entry for the 2009 RetroChallenge:
http://vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=214

Check out the YouTube video, it is beyond words. Although an Apple II was used in the demo, Bill is a big Commodore fan (mostly the B-series I think).
Anders Carlsson

orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

:shock:
I'm impressed, although
WHY DO THIS?
Apple, Atari, Tandy, nor Commodore seem to have offered a Y2K compliant biorhythm. I could be wrong.
I think he IS wrong, as this small program seems to be Y2K compliant.
It does not plot the sinusoidal curve though - we could think about writing a Biorhythm program using Mike's Mini-Grafik...