Paper Soft type-ins (comments) (ITA/ENG)

Deutsch, Italiano, Nederlands, Norsk, Polski, Suomi, Svenska, all non-English discussions

Moderator: Moderators

Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

There's "Compute!" and "Compute's Gazette", two different magazines.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

nbla000 wrote:If someone needs, i've downloaded the full archive of Commodore Compute's Gazette disks from #001 MAY '84 to #130 FEB '95
If you have 075Jul90.zip, 076Aug90.zip, 077Sep90.zip I would like to have a copy of them :wink: .
Rumor has it that these disks do not exist.

I do need 095Mar92.zip and would appreciate if you could post it for download.
but must be a different magazine because doesn't match with Carlsson list.
I think it is the same magazine. I tested 008Dec84.zip (pulled from same 130 disk Gazette image set) before I posted link to May-Dec84 images.

The .d64 image for Dec 84 has Cosmic Combat by Tommy Graham & 3-D Labyrinth by John Stilwell, which agrees with Carlsson listing.
Carlsson's listing omitted all the C64 junk on the disk images. :D
Image Mega-Cart: the ultimate cartridge for your Commodore Vic-20
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Exactly, I listed games from both COMPUTE! and COMPUTE!'s Gazette, while the disk images you downloaded only are for those in the Gazette.

What amazes me among those listings are that the translations appeared at a random speed. Roader must've been translated within 2.5 months while Mosaic Puzzle took more than eight months before it was published in Paper Soft.

By the way, I wonder if Kevin Martin and Kevin Mykytyn were the same person? Perhaps he got married along the way.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

6502dude wrote:If you have 075Jul90.zip, 076Aug90.zip, 077Sep90.zip I would like to have a copy of them :wink: .
Rumor has it that these disks do not exist.

I do need 095Mar92.zip and would appreciate if you could post it for download.
Sorry, i haven't any of your request, i must be much more exact next time.

Thank's to everyone for magazines specifications.
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

BOMBA AD OROLOGERIA - I recognize this game! Somewhere I even think I have a listing, but probably not the original version. Hm, gotta look.
Anders Carlsson

Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

carlsson wrote:BOMBA AD OROLOGERIA - I recognize this game! Somewhere I even think I have a listing, but probably not the original version. Hm, gotta look.
That's "Time Bomb," from Compute. It's on the Denial front page.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Cheers! Another Doug Smoak release, from July 1983.

http://www.atarimagazines.com/compute/i ... E_BOMB.php
Anders Carlsson

nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Maybe that other lists are from Compute's too, btw i don't know if my last addition "POKER" is from Compute's too, i've asked to Mahyem and there isn't any Poker for vics +3K or more on GB20.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

I think a number of the PS listings origin from Your Computer or Commodore User, both UK magazines. Due to the screenshots, the Compute listings tend to be easier to recognize.
Anders Carlsson

Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

I've got all the CUs myself, but I haven't been through them to see what listings might be in there that are in GB20 yet... this sort of thing I'm not sure whether I'll do before or after v2 comes out.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

carlsson wrote:I think a number of the PS listings origin from Your Computer or Commodore User, both UK magazines. Due to the screenshots, the Compute listings tend to be easier to recognize.
Yes maybe, does exist an archive of lists or already typed games of these magazines ? i may save a lot of work.

A first target is reached, according with my new project temp page go.to/papersoft all lists of first 10 copies of PAPER soft are retyped !!!!

PS: Links to disk images and other files don't work yet, it's a temp page and content may change (Italian only at the moment).
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Just to inform that Space Shooter is a clone/translation of Saucer Shooter present on Zimmers.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

All of this work is fascinating. Look, it has quickly become one of the most viewed threads!
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Jeff-20 wrote:All of this work is fascinating. Look, it has quickly become one of the most viewed threads!
wow, 1123 views at the moment, i thought that this project had a low interest but there are a lot of non italian speaking people that check this thread...
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

I've just added Zap that is a clone/translation of Zap present on Zimmers.

I wish to note that PaperSoft reports that the author of the game is D. Scraggin and in the row 70 of the original Zimmer program there is "BY DUB SCROGGIN".
There is a typo but this maybe a demonstration that PaperSoft didn't publish pirated programs but simply adapt and translate some original works and publish some original italian works too.