Corrupted Vic 20 game (Not seen before)

History and Preservation Issues

Moderator: Moderators

fgasking
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by fgasking »

Ah well, not to worry. I guess as one of the guys suggested, we could always replace the graphics in the game.

Is there any hope with the SEUCK tape? Would it be possible to still send this up?
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

fgasking wrote:Vic3-1.tap and Vic3-2.tap - Skier and Strip games, might be more too?
Whooa! Strip Poker on VIC-20?! Now, who cares about a stupid Mother Hen anymore? :twisted:
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Luigi
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Luigi »

fgasking wrote:Is there any hope with the SEUCK tape? Would it be possible to still send this up?
If you already tried to align and could not get better results, I may try to fix your TAP files rather than importing the tape by myself.
To correct the errors, I need to compare this game against a working SEUCK game. Can you produce a TAP file by using an emulator (just save one of the builtin games), please? Send me the loader as well.

Cheers,

Luigi.
fgasking
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by fgasking »

Hi Luigi,

Here is a working TAP file of a SEUCK save (Axel2dat or something similiar which loads fully).

http://gtw64.retro-net.de/seuck.zip

Also inside the zip is a copy of SEUCK which will allow you to load files too from "Storage". When loading in SEUCK, it should come up with the filename and a Y/N prompt.

I hope this is all ok,

Thanks very much for this and good luck! :)
Luigi
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Luigi »

This is the file I ended up with after joining together the two parts:

http://www.luigidifraia.com/c64/_recove ... joined.zip

all of the blocks are there but, as I said before, there are at least 7 (obvious) read errors (some others may not show up at all). It doesn't load of course, but I can still try a reconstruction. If we end up with something that can be executed, then maybe you can judge if it's worth fixing it properly.

Cheers,

Luigi.
fgasking
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by fgasking »

Hi Luigi,

That sounds really cool. I won't be sure what it is exactly until I see parts of it. If I can see a few sprites, I should be able to judge better.

I think it could be a game which I produced with an old friend many years ago across about 2 days. Must be from around 1993/94 time so it could be quite significant :)

All the best,

Frank
Luigi
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Luigi »

Well, probably you already know what I am writing here. The SEUCK game has been recovered by working with newer and better dumps.

Cheers,

Luigi
fgasking
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by fgasking »

Yup, Luigi is a tape genius! :)