Yes, absolutely!
33%
Nah, that's blasphemy!
67%

Total votes: 18

gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

More photos here for the curious, bored or angry.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
dragos
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by dragos »

Please refrain from making a decision about Linux from what certain people here have said. Linux and the EEE pc are a great match. Someone telling you that windows takes less space on a HD clearly has no clue about Linux.
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

If the Asus Eeee (or whatever) isn't a modern day VIC, perhaps this is:

http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2008/09/0 ... ok-do.html
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

ral-clan wrote:If the Asus Eeee (or whatever) isn't a modern day VIC, perhaps this is:

That's the one I posted two days ago that revived this thread!

There is also this stuff. It will be interesting to see if any of it makes it to market.
Last edited by gklinger on Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

At 600 USD (or 325 GBP as the other source said), the Commodore UMMD 8010/F will have a hard time finding customers unless it has something extra to offer over its competitors. Yes it is still small but some 35-40% more expensive than at least the Asuses; the other brands may be higher priced. A few good comments to about the design: VGA and Ethernet on either side of the computer, and why not HDMI on a brand new laptop?

The first link in the Spanish version of Engadget, is that a Commodore PocketPC? Apparently it would fill a completely different need than the netbooks do, but the design looks more interesting. Perhaps that neither is the modern equivalent to the VIC-20 (I don't think any computer is) but depending on its price tag and features it may be just as attractive. On the other hand, I'm unsure what the market for pocket PCs look like today. Perhaps it is already saturated?
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

gklinger wrote:
ral-clan wrote:If the Asus Eeee (or whatever) isn't a modern day VIC, perhaps this is:

That's the one I posted two days ago that revived this thread!

There is also this stuff. It will be interesting to see if any of it makes it to market.
Ah....sorry, so it is. I was in a rush heading out for work when I posted that and didn't have time to read the thread. I was gambling that no one had posted about it yet! :oops: