Behr-Bonz VIC-20 Multicart available

Modding and Technical Issues

Moderator: Moderators

eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

Evad97 wrote:Yeah, I'd just like to chime in here, too. I received my Bher-Bonz a couple of days ago and ... wow, I'm impressed. It's a great looking piece of hardware - I'm sure that a lot of thought / effort went into putting it together and ... man, it's great to have access to so many games on original hardware. I'd never be able to amass anything close to what is available on the BB in original carts ...
:wink:

Glad you like it!

Tell all your friends!
RobertBe
Vic 20 Elite

Post by RobertBe »

eslapion wrote:I am still looking for a volunteer to help me make a PAL version of the ROM.
When you have the PAL version ready, I'd like to order two or three of them as gifts for my European friends.

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
The Other Group of Amigoids
http://www.calweb.com/~rabel1/
Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

6502dude wrote:
Mikam73 wrote:PAL version would be nice 8)

I did almost already order NTSC version, but maybe its better wait till PAL version comes out.
A much better option is wait for MegaCart. :twisted:

It has NTSC to PAL conversion done for almost all of the over 270 games & utiltites.
Ok :) I was going to buy it too. I was just thinking if Megacart release takes long then I could get this other one first. But maybe it comes soon 8)
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

Mikam73 wrote:
6502dude wrote:
Mikam73 wrote:PAL version would be nice 8)

I did almost already order NTSC version, but maybe its better wait till PAL version comes out.
A much better option is wait for MegaCart. :twisted:

It has NTSC to PAL conversion done for almost all of the over 270 games & utiltites.
Ok :) I was going to buy it too. I was just thinking if Megacart release takes long then I could get this other one first. But maybe it comes soon 8)
Personally, if one can afford it we should buy both to support the groups efforts and have different release dates will help us all to hopefully be able to do this.

I would like to buy both but right now my extra funds are going in another direction but will review them soon to see I can make it happen :wink:
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

Centallica wrote:I would like to buy both but right now my extra funds are going in another direction but will review them soon to see I can make it happen :wink:
I hope this is not to the taxman... :lol:
Image Mega-Cart: the ultimate cartridge for your Commodore Vic-20
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

6502dude wrote:I hope this is not to the taxman... :lol:
No, I always get money back but then my wife always pays so we're never ahead. :roll: But then again how the market is going we should all have losses to claim on our taxes from investments and that might be enough to buy both carts :lol:
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

I am still looking for a volunteer to help me select and test the games for a PAL version of the ROM.

The reward: a free Behr Bonz cart
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

Centallica wrote:But then again how the market is going we should all have losses to claim on our taxes from investments and that might be enough to buy both carts :lol:
To claim for 2007 taxes (for a tax loss sell), you needed to the transaction to occur prior to Dec 31, 2007. Back then the market was not down as much. :wink:
Image Mega-Cart: the ultimate cartridge for your Commodore Vic-20
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

6502dude wrote:
Centallica wrote:But then again how the market is going we should all have losses to claim on our taxes from investments and that might be enough to buy both carts :lol:
To claim for 2007 taxes (for a tax loss sell), you needed to the transaction to occur prior to Dec 31, 2007. Back then the market was not down as much. :wink:
Ya, but you know it's gonna be bad when Revenue Canada sends a trial size tube of KY Jelly with your Income Tax forms :shock:
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

I am still looking for a volunteer to help me select and test the games for a PAL version of the ROM.

Come on guys, please discuss tax issues in another thread...
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

eslapion wrote:I am still looking for a volunteer to help me select and test the games for a PAL version of the ROM.

Come on guys, please discuss tax issues in another thread...
Hey, everytime we talk taxes your thread here gets a bump to the front of the line as a new post for people to read, so we're actually helping you by keeping it fresh and up front for people to consider :wink:
RobertBe
Vic 20 Elite

Webpage up!

Post by RobertBe »

Eslapion now has a webpage for the Behr-Bonz VIC-20 Multicart and for his
earlier project, the VIC-20 Ultimate Expander. Go to

http://www.8bitcentral.com

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
The Other Group of Amigoids
http://www.calweb.com/~rabel1/
Alan
Vic 20 Devotee

Re: Webpage up!

Post by Alan »

RobertBe wrote:Eslapion now has a webpage for the Behr-Bonz VIC-20 Multicart and for his
earlier project, the VIC-20 Ultimate Expander. Go to

http://www.8bitcentral.com
What a great site!
Alan
eslapion
ultimate expander

Re: Webpage up!

Post by eslapion »

Alan wrote:What a great site!
:wink: Indeed!
Be normal.
hacky
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by hacky »

eslapion wrote:I am still looking for a volunteer to help me select and test the games for a PAL version of the ROM.

What is the exact problem ?
Do some games need a PAL fix / test ?

I can test, but I cannot fix them.