Post by Centallica »

Ebay auction:
http://cahyo.notlong.com

Bidder questions (read some of the comments...funny):
http://ugung.notlong.com
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

:lol: Got to love the life story that goes with the questions...

BTW, thanks for the heads-up...I almost forgot to put RARE in my own auction! I prefer rare myself; though my wife likes hers well done... :lol:
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

I know a thing or two about PETs and their value (feel free to disagree) so I'm not just talking out my backside when I say that a 4032, 4040 and 8023P aren't worth anywhere close to that. The PET isn't even in very good condition. For $500 I would expect the condition to be listed as "will be delivered by Chuck Peddle himself who will then take you out to lunch". I think those people are out of their minds and the biggest git will soon be separated from the money they were lucky enough to get together with in the first place.

Never an empty bunk on the ship of fools.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

We have a saying: "The last fool isn't born yet". Somehow it feels suitable for that auction. Personally I have access to almost as much PETs as I want, but even if I didn't, I would pay at most $150-200 for all that stuff.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

carlsson wrote:We have a saying: "The last fool isn't born yet".
Italian version: the fool's mother is always pregnant.
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

I think what Golan is saying is that it's not rare; it's half-baked. :lol:
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

DigitalQuirk wrote:I think what Golan is saying is that it's not rare; it's half-baked. :lol:
I think the people bidding are "baked" on something personally :lol:

Remember the name "Adrian Pariseau" it might come around again for us Ontario boys...gotta love being a newbie :P
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

E-gad! I picked one of those up for $10 once, and another was given to me for free.
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

Reminds me of when I was in College...I'd build PC's out of parts from discarded junk PC's, come up with working systems, and sell them for double what it cost me to build them.

It's always amazed me the kind of things people throw away...it's amazed me further to realize what people are willing to pay for other people's throw-aways. :shock: In retrospect, I probably could have made a decent business out of it. If only I had room for every PET that was offered to me over the years... :wink:
d0c
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by d0c »

can you "cut&past" the comment so a none evilbay'er like me can read what the comments is about...
1983 vic20 & 3k-16k ram expansion....
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

Question & Answer

Answered On

Q: Do you have a spare keyboard for the Fat-40? My keyboard is in rather sad shape. Good luck on the sale of your Commodore system. I recall seeing those 3 components at 'Batteries Included' and the price was $4000, about the price of a one-year-old Chevrolet. Those were the days! I live in Sarasota, the sister city of Hamilton Ontario (betcha didn't know that) and occasionally I root for the Ti-Cats ... when they are playing Les Alouettes. Reply, if you wish, to keithfalkner@gmail.com Thanks. Keith Falkner

Dec-10-07

A: Sorry, but I may be getting another parts PET in a few months, shall I keep you in mind for the parts ! Sorry , ps. the Ti-Cats are in the fans bad books right now ! New GM might help, .. we'll see !

Q: Hi:) Well, I pumped it up too $200.00 as my max offer. $50 higher then I should right now. I have been on quite the Ebay bender these last two weeks. I can;t justify too much more with the wife. Not till a month or so after Xmas now. SHe's going to flip when some of this stuff comes arrives as it is;) I will keep an eye on this auction, I am most curious now to see how it ends. If you have no luck moving it for your reserve, or the winning bidder turns out a Dud, let me know. I'd be happy to see if we can come up with anything to satisfy both of you. I am sure you will have no troubles moving it though. Take care walmartbaby, may you have a very good Christmas and happy holidays. Adrian

Dec-06-07

A: Thanks again. ! Happy Holidays to you and yours !

Q: Hello again:) Thank you for your very fast response. I understand your point. I will increase my offer and see what happens that way. I would love to be able to pick the items up myself if I should win, but, LOL, I am almost 36...... and I just got my first ever beginners license in November. Just a G1, no car, no insurance. So if I did win, I might take you up on that delivery. Plus Handling and Gas of course. I shall see what happens and take a chance, I have a CBM 8032 on its way from the U.S. I won last week. That dual drive would be nice. :) I will try. Thanks again, Adrian.

Dec-06-07

A: Sounds good, yuo know the diffeerence between the CBM 8032 and the PET 4032 eh ? The PET was made PRIOR to the 8032 and there were legal issues over the use of the PET name, some GERMAN compasny had it first and Commodore qwas forced to stop using the name PET. Anyway, again good luck !

Q: Good day walmartbaby. Fellow Ontarian here. Am just becoming a collector of Commodore items. This would be a sweet combo, what might you consider a serious offer? One that would allow a buy it now to be added as per mentioned in you add. Iknow the shipping on said items + 20$ handling will prolly be what hurts the most. Well, not so much the 20$ Thats fair considering the items bulk etc. I agree there. I am in London, Ontario, n6b2j4. Maybe you could quote me a shipping and I can go from there on other other offers for this equipment through bidding. I know I can;t ask for what ya would take. *sigh* But if you dropped a hint..... I might have some extra funds to spare.... Check my feedback. I am a fairly serious buyer:) Thanks for any info you can give. Thank you as well just for the opportunity to bid. Sincerely, Adrian Pariseau

Dec-06-07

A: Shipping to you in London doesn't seem to make sense, I would be happy to deliver it to you for a reasonable rate myself OR you could p/u the items in Hamilton and there would be no handling/packing fee. These complete systems are very rarely offered and hard to find as you know, my reserve price is indicative of this. I myself had to drive 5 hours EACH WAY to NORTH BAY ,ON to pick this item up !!! I will let the bidding continue, it was a 10 day auction to give everyone a fair chance at thinking about this system. Also, since there are bids on the item, I cannot add a BUY IT NOW to the auction anymore !! Happy Bidding and good luck.

Q: My boyfriend would LOVE this computer for christmas, and I am wondering how much you'd take for it Buy It Now. I don't know how much these go for but I am willing to spend a reasonable amount of money. I am in New Hampshire (USA, 03820), so if possible please include shipping costs with your quote. I'd love to make a deal that's great for both of us! :)

Dec-04-07

A: We have set our Reserve at $ 699.00 & Shipping all 3 pieces will run $ 150.00. If you do the research, you'll see how rare these systems are ! Let me know your thoughts, we can negotiate. THIS IS A COOL SYSTEM ! Thanks for your interest.
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

This Q&A doesn't seem authentic. Those of us who have sold on eBay know the kind of questions that are usually asked and they're rarely so conversational in tone.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

I was just thinking that. I'm thinking this guy has some friends who are trying to drum up bidding without actually committing shill bidding.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

I like the Great New Math: $499 is a larger number than $699.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

What also sticks out as a potential "Shill Bidder" here are the bidders who have bid on the item all have bought from this seller before and this seller doesn't seem to specialize in anything particular to bring repeat business.

So I sent a Shill Bidder possible listing to Ebay and see if they pull it :twisted: