Soccer games for the vic

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

Ivanhoe76
Vic 20 Devotee

Soccer games for the vic

Post by Ivanhoe76 »

Hi everybody in the forum... I'm Emanuel, I'm 31 y.o. and I'm from Italy... I owned a glorius Vic20 which is, right now, buried in my past: I mean I don't own it anymore!!! I'm really sorry about this but I still keep using the system via Winvice... Sorry for the very looong presentation I get into the topic: is there a good soccer game for the vic... I always desired to get that type of games but never found... neither now via emulation... :( is there anybody that can help me? Thanks for your help, anyway!!! :wink:
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Welcome Emanuel

I will let Carlsson answer your question. Carlsson? :?
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Welcome Emanuel!

Another Italian VIC user - that's just GREAT ! :wink:

I don't knwow if there are REAL football (soccer) games for the VIC, other than Anders fake football. :P

If you want a strategic simulation, something similar to the glorious Football Manager by Addictive (Commodore 64, 1984) can be found here in two different flavours, long and short game.

Last, a friendly suggestion: go and get a real VIC-20. The experience on the real machine is much better than on VICE, and it brings back the child in you... :lol:
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

There are a bunch of dull football games that appear more like pinball than football. To my knowledge, there is no game where you move the players around.

As regarding to my mock-up screenshot, I had actually forgotten about that one. Perhaps one day I will have a look, or someone else may be interested? If desired, we could develop a fairly advanced game with top-down scrolling (think Microprose Soccer on the C64). It could be quite cool.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Ivanhoe76
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Ivanhoe76 »

First of all I wanna thank everybody for your quick replies (even if i haven't been so fast!!!).... I'd love to see a REAL soccer game for my so beloved vic... so if anybody is really interested in developing a football game... i would be very pleased... in particular now that i'm looking around this beautiful forum and realizing that real qualities of the vic are far to be reached!!!
Ivanhoe76
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Ivanhoe76 »

Isn't there anybody interested in a real soccer games to be developed? (please send in your requests... if carlsson doesn't bother!!!)
No one should tolerate death and violence because tolerance will generate habit.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Ivanhoe,
It could be a great collaborative project. Would you like to start? I am sure many others would join in development.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Now with routine to plot players, as opposed to draw them by hand on the screen! We're making slow progress towards a real game here!
Anders Carlsson

d0c
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by d0c »

wow looking forward to test it :)
1983 vic20 & 3k-16k ram expansion....
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

The screen looks so good; I would be satisfied if it were only a pong style game with those graphics.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

As soon as I have some form of interaction, I'll post some executables. I was too tired yesterday evening to be creative.

Still, I'm thinking about a top-down scrolling game. It would be much more work, but has the potential to be mind numbing if done properly. I'm not even sure my programming skills would be enough for that.
Anders Carlsson

Ivanhoe76
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Ivanhoe76 »

sorry for my late reply... (as usual!! :lol: ) Well... about a collaborative project for developing a REAL soccer game for the vic I could be really interested but .... i can't program in ML :oops: :oops: I could only be employed for generating a set of charachters for the graphics... :D if anybody else could help us for the remaining parts of the project... here I am!!
No one should tolerate death and violence because tolerance will generate habit.
nippur72
de Lagash

Post by nippur72 »

I remember I had a nice soccer game on the Emerson-Arcadia 2001 (Leonardo in Italy) which was funny to play in two players. It was similar to soccer table where you move one row of players at a time (joystick+numeric keypad).

gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

nippur72 wrote:It was similar to soccer table where you move one row of players at a time (joystick+numeric keypad).
Foosball? That's a neat idea for a game.

I took the liberty...

Last edited by gklinger on Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
nippur72
de Lagash

Post by nippur72 »

oh, sure! I didn't knew it under that name (as you know we call it "calcio-balilla"). Emerson's soccer is a bit different from plain foosball because players do move horizontally rather than vertically. I don't know whether it's possible a VIC 20 implementation because Emerson had an analog controller so that the ball could be kicked in every direction--how do you do that in VIC ?