Unknown cassette games

Post by orion70 »

Spotted on Ebay:

Items # 160174131376 and 160174131362.

Anyone knows them?
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

I know ALA stuff is really rare. There was someone in Australia who had a few titles (there was a thread on it last year).

Here's another rare-ish thing:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/64K-RAM-REU-VIC-20-C ... dZViewItem

A Select-A-RAM. Interesting about the claims to 128K. The multitasking stuff is a bit hard to swallow. I think it's more like bank-switching.
KilrPilr
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by KilrPilr »

I personally have 9 boxed ala titles. I am missing the safe cracker title which I would like to pic up but im too cheap to pay $25 for one title. Im hoping the price will drop. I have been keeping an eye out for titles I dont have and so far this is the only one i seem to be missing. I should just buy the darn thing and ge tit over with. :)
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

I might need a few TAPs off you then for GB20 in time...

Though I do own Safe Cracker myself...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
KilrPilr
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by KilrPilr »

We'll see. Some of these havent been opened before and im not keen on opening them . Let alone having to set up to try to make dumps of these.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

While 32K memory expansions are very handy, and I'm sure Eslapion's expander with optional ROM contents is too, I never quite understood the practical use of a 64K bank switchable expansion, even if it is software switchable. You still need to load all your data into the memory unless it has a battery backup or is static RAM. Once there, the software or an underlying OS needs to support the bank switching mechanism if you are going to use it as something else than a RAM based floppy disk. 128-192K sounds even less meaningful, until the day a software suite is presented that can utilize this amount of bank switched memory. Perhaps for development purposes it could be interesting to have a few different editors, assemblers, graphic tools and so on into different banks of 8-16K each and use the main part of the expanded memory for the project you are working on.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

Carlsson, I think the bank switching would be ideal for applications such as word processors and spreadsheets. For instance, with a word processor, you could switch pages in and out of the expansion memory, effectively giving you more pages with which to work.