My C64 mod

Other Computers and Game Systems

Moderator: Moderators

PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

All it needs now is a built-in disk drive...oh, and a Warp Speed cartridge... :wink:
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Yes, your own portable Commodore computer. Maybe you could build it like a huge, foldable laptop with the keyboard on top of the mainboard, a LCD in the lid and .. well, where would we put the floppy drive?
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

Maybe you could build it like a huge, foldable laptop with the keyboard on top of the mainboard, a LCD in the lid and ..
....and a 12V car battery duct taped to the bottom :lol: .
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

One thing I'd like to try (if I could get a hold of all the necessary parts) is to put a DTV motherboard in a classic C64 breadbin case, towards the right side. Wire in the serial port and joystick ports. Get a 1581 drive kit, take it apart, and put its components in there; stick a 3.5" disk drive on the left side. Put the LCD monitor on top. Hack in a Warp Speed cartridge with a disable switch, hack in a user port, and try to run it all from the same power supply.
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

DigitalQuirk wrote:One thing I'd like to try (if I could get a hold of all the necessary parts) is to put a DTV motherboard in a classic C64 breadbin case, towards the right side. Wire in the serial port and joystick ports. Get a 1581 drive kit, take it apart, and put its components in there; stick a 3.5" disk drive on the left side. Put the LCD monitor on top. Hack in a Warp Speed cartridge with a disable switch, hack in a user port, and try to run it all from the same power supply.
Everything you've listed can been done with the exception of the Warp Speed cartridge. The DTV has user port lines but no expansion port equivalent. There was a guy that did just what you're talking about albeit with a 64c. I can dig up a URL if you're curious.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.