Did this auction finish at a reasonable price?

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Did this auction finish at a reasonable price?

Post by Jeff-20 »

I thought about bidding. Note the speech cart. Do you think this finished a little high?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=007

High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

I looked at the picture you posted and then clicked on the link and saw that the lot sold for $110.07 and my first thought was that the price was high. Then I read what else was included in the auction and I flip-flopped. A clean looking, boxed VIC-20, a couple of modems, a VTE-40 (I sold one of those recently), a C2N and more. $110.07 seems reasonable to me. Someone is going to have lots of fun with that stuff.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
Centallica
Pinballer

Re: Did this auction finish at a reasonable price?

Post by Centallica »

Jeff-20 wrote:I thought about bidding. Note the speech cart. Do you think this finished a little high?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=007

Newbie "0 rating" from Canada...say no more but gotta love another crazy Vic-20 collector like ourselves :lol:

Can't beat them...then invite them to Denial (which I did) :wink:

Yes the voice cart is the most desirable of the bunch but a little on the pricey side for my pocket...
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Centallica wrote:Can't beat them...then invite them to Denial (which I did) :wink:
How? Is it possible to send a message to someone if you're not involved in a transaction with them?
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

gklinger wrote:
Centallica wrote:Can't beat them...then invite them to Denial (which I did) :wink:
How? Is it possible to send a message to someone if you're not involved in a transaction with them?
Just go to their user name and click on it and it'll give you options like send email (with typing in the security numbers to avoid spiders)
pitcalco
just pitcalco

Post by pitcalco »

For what it is worth, I would pay that much for all those cartridges.

I am not interested in all of them, but the VIC Fourth, Speech Synthesiser and memory expansions alone would draw me into the bidding.
There are only three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.

Paul Lambert
Berlin
Federal Republic of Germany
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Personally I'd say over priced, but depends what all the "extras" are worth... the cartridges (barring the voice synth one) are only about $25 value together.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...