My Gaming Area (Now with VIC-20)

Other Computers and Game Systems

Moderator: Moderators

zhx
Vic 20 Drifter

My Gaming Area (Now with VIC-20)

Post by zhx »

Since getting my VIC-20 into good working order, it's been getting a lot of use. It even has the honor of being hooked up with the rest of my gaming systems:

My friend and I spent a couple hours today trying to beat Spike's Peak, which has the cheapest last two levels in a game EVER. We FINALLY beat it, but it definitely had us pulling our hair out. We also spent an hour or so getting stuck a million times in Pirate's Cove before giving up on it.

So far I think Gorf is probably my favorite VIC game, though Atlantis and Buck Rogers are pretty fun. Still, I have to admit I've been having more fun tinkering with Basic than I have been playing my carts...
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

Hey man looks intriguing...can you post some pics with better lighting and doesn't look like I'm on LSD trying to view them though :wink:

Looking forward as it looks like a nice set up!
Wonder-Boy
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by Wonder-Boy »

Real nice collection
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Is it my eyes? Or does the Saturn (one of my favorites) seem to be covered with dust!?
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
zhx
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by zhx »

Yeah, the Saturn is covered with dust but not because I don't like it! I love the Saturn, but I lost the video cable for it quite a while back. With my recent interest in Sega CD again, I plan to pick a cable up and maybe a mod chip so I can play burned games (hey, I don't know if you guys can afford what some of those people are asking for Saturn games, but I can't).

I think the only system missing from this picture (aside from my handhelds, of course) is my Atari 2600. I also have an Odyssey 4000, but again, missing the video cable. I also don't have my Genesis, Sega CD, Saturn, Master System, SNES or Atari carts/CDs set up with my other ones. I need more shelving.

Oh, and it looks like you're on LSD cuz I shot that with my fisheye lens.