Vic 20 Drifter

got my hands on some rare cartridges

Post by stonan »

I believe these games are pretty rare
can't find much information about them

d0c
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by d0c »

please take some screen shot from your vic so we can see how the games look like....
1983 vic20 & 3k-16k ram expansion....
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

I think the close encounters would be best viewed on the Mega Cart to preserve it's history :P

Great score man especially with the boxes!!
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Looks like "Mario's Brewery" for the C64. I found a copy at a thrift store once and sold it with the rest of my 64 games. They look homemade. I didn't even think they would have boxes. "Two players only"??? Are they keyboard or paddle controlled? Didn't the single game port really make 2 player games a rarity?
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

Thanks, I've been waiting a long time to see some good quality pictures of OEM boxes. Now only missing a look at the Mario's Brewery game and Frog Man.

These games are indeed some of the rarer VIC-20 ones and most still need to be archived and multi-cart'ed (I think Space Ric-O-Shay and Tank War already have been).
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

I already told Stonan that "Close Encounters.." is listed as a 0 (not verified) in Digital Press' rarity guide. Mayhem will be pleased to see that it indeed exists. We'll work out the archiving aspect.

As for two players only, OEM apparently designed a secondary joystick interface too. Me and Stonan found the empty box (in very good condition) but not the actual interface. It is a shame. I suppose it would plug into the user port. Perhaps these games support a such interface.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
nbla000
Salmon Run

Re: got my hands on some rare cartridges

Post by nbla000 »

stonan wrote:I believe these games are pretty rare
can't find much information about them
Centallica wrote:I think the close encounters would be best viewed on the Mega Cart to preserve it's history
Close Encounters is not present in Mega-Cart since the file image is missing, Tank Wars is present. Close Encounters it's very rare and will be a great Mega-Cart addition.
Stonan, do you requires infos to get the file image from cart ? i may help you or Mayhem can give you informations too.
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Yep, Close Encouters exists on the C64, but until now there had not been any sign of existance on the Vic. Guess that cart needs to be dumped pronto for all to benefit :)

I'll also see about getting my sections back for the DP Guide to add it in if possible...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
stonan
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by stonan »

nbla000 wrote:Stonan, do you requires infos to get the file image from cart ? i may help you or Mayhem can give you informations too.
Carlsson will help me in person to get the file image from the games.
stonan
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by stonan »

carlsson wrote:As for two players only, OEM apparently designed a secondary joystick interface too. Me and Stonan found the empty box (in very good condition) but not the actual interface. It is a shame. I suppose it would plug into the user port. Perhaps these games support a such interface.
Yes I have that box as well
photos will be posted soon
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

stonan wrote:Carlsson will help me in person to get the file image from the games.
Good, you are in good hand!!!

Please inform me when you got the file image.
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

And if you ever feel like selling it on, you know where to call ;)

(not that I expect you to do so, but if you never ask...)

Getting hold of that 2 player adapter is another long fruitless search I've had for ages...
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

But at least you knew the two player adapter existed? Until last Sunday, I can admit I had no idea.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

True... the boxes for OEM releases are "generic" and just have a sticker on the front indicating C64 or Vic20 version. As I've had a complete Close Encounters (for C64) for a long time, I found out because it mentioned the adapter on the back with the instructions. Not seen one yet though. Would be interested in seeing a pic of the box however...
stonan
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by stonan »

Pictures of the empty "Joy II" box